Why we can't have anything nice.

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Neighbors trampoline blew over a 5' fence bounced off my wife's Dart, landed on my Challenger.
Her car has 8K miles mine has 11k.
Dart has damage to the trunk lid, drivers 1/4 panel, roof, both doors.
Challenger is the worst, grill surround, hood, drives fender is buckled, both doors, windshield, roof, drivers 1/4 panel.

Crappy day in the neighborhood.

OaXiV9.jpg

I would be so pissed! I hate when people have crap in their yards and dont secure it properly....hopefully his insurance will cover it or will your homeowners insurance take care of it?

Time will tell, but her son said he will call their insurance company tomorrow.

I am also going to inform my insurance co tomorrow just to cover myself.

Our family and theirs have been friends for over 50 years.
I hope there is no issues.

Hope you don't get screwed over. I had a similar incident happen at the track. A guys awning got picked up by the wind, blew through the pits, missed the race trailer and truck, and landed on my Duster's roof and hood putting scratches and dents all over. The **** didn't even apologize. I was pretty angry over it. People are stupid.

My wife just had to have one of those Effin things for the kids!!! I relented, and said ok. Got it for em for Christmas. Didnt stake it down because i had to be able to drag it out of the way to get my shop door clear to do mtx on our daily drivers.

A monster rain storm with high winds, picked it up, slammed it into my shop damaging the 18 foot long roll up door, a few metal side panels, and ripping the corner of the gutter off, then the wind slams this thing against the back of the house ripping up my steel roof and almost smashing a brand new set of windows i just installed on the enclosed sun porch i was in the middle of building. Oh but it doesnt end there, no no!!! The trampolines last hurrah, was lifting off like a demented UFO, and skidding across my roof damaging more of my steel panel roof before slamming into our side yard fence, flopping over it and blowing out my neighbors dining room windows.

I called my ins co. Got my neighbor fixed up, he helped me dissassemble it, and pitch the pieces back over the fence, and then i mended the fence.

I kept the tubing for my poor mans body rotisserie i made, and sold the jump part and springs to a friend who needed it for his kids trampoline for $50. Kept sarcastically saying thank you santa!!!

2 months later after everything gets all repaired and back to normal, my wife actually has the nerve to say to me , "the kids really miss having the trampoline, lets get another one" to which i reply " what are you F**King nuts" !!! "The answer is NO"!!!!!

However this begs the question whats a nice car like that doing sitting out, and not being parked in a garage or a covered carport.

My wifes 2013 dodge caravan, and my 2007 nustang GT are parked in the garage all the time they are not used. They are not left outside.

My projects are in my backyard shop, and i will be adding a carport onto my garage in the spring next year if for nothing else to keep from having to scrape snow and ice off my chevy hhr daily driver

Still a shame having your cars messed up, and having to deal with body shops.

However this begs the question whats a nice car like that doing sitting out, and not being parked in a garage or a covered carport.

My wifes 2013 dodge caravan, and my 2007 nustang GT are parked in the garage all the time they are not used. They are not left outside.

My projects are in my backyard shop, and i will be adding a carport onto my garage in the spring next year if for nothing else to keep from having to scrape snow and ice off my chevy hhr daily driver

Really? Some people don't have a garage or store other stuff inside it and can't use it. Yes, they are nice cars but are probably more of a daily driver....my nice Durango sits outside so my collector cars can sit inside.....the neighbors trampoline should have been secured down....and not landing on his nice cars next door.

I agree with Keith on this. The neighbor should have taken all precautions to secure that thing down. What does it cost for anchor straps/screws and a few sandbags?

Really? Some people don't have a garage or store other stuff inside it and can't use it. Yes, they are nice cars but are probably more of a daily driver....my nice Durango sits outside so my collector cars can sit inside.....the neighbors trampoline should have been secured down....and not landing on his nice cars next door.

Dam straight!^^^^^^^^

I'd be pissed off big time. Hope everything works out.

I got plenty of neighbors who have so much **** packed in their garages theres only a path to their door thru there. A garage is for parking cars not **** collecting. I refuse to let **** pile up in the garage. I ask whats this box of whatever doing in here when the wife or the kids plop it in there. I give em a time limit. When times up, i remind em, the next day its either in the dumpster, or to salvation army. They all know by now the garage is for the cars, and our spare freezer. not stockpiling crap.

For the other poster we had 90 mph straightline winds during this storm. Sandbags would not have held a 12 foot trampoline down, as a matter of fact one other trampoline was found in another neighbors tree after this storm had 20" long steel stakes dangling from its legs as the wind just jerked it out of the ground stakes and all.

If your good rides are in a garage, a carport for your daily drivers helps, keeps the heat from beating the interiors and paint up, hail damage, bird poop, snow , flying trampolines, etc.

I never in a million years thought we would have a storm like that, and that the damned thing would take flight. I had to keep it loose to be able to move it, never wanted the damned thing in the first place.

Neighbors trampoline blew over a 5' fence bounced off my wife's Dart, landed on my Challenger.
Her car has 8K miles mine has 11k.
Dart has damage to the trunk lid, drivers 1/4 panel, roof, both doors.
Challenger is the worst, grill surround, hood, drives fender is buckled, both doors, windshield, roof, drivers 1/4 panel.

Crappy day in the neighborhood.

DANG!! I sure feel for you buddy. I know that crap happens but getting both of the cars buggered up at the same time has to really sting!

My neighbor called me this morning, and gave me the number of their insurance agent.
They are turning it in on their insurance.
I hope everything works out.

The cars are just daily drivers, so they sit outside all the time.
My Duster and Corvette are sitting in the garage.

its not that I am anti-social, I live in the sticks, and it would be fine with me if the nearest neighbor is 5 mi away!!????? LOL

sorry for such troubles.

I had a friend that worked for state farm.

Part of her job was to inspect and measure houses to make sure they were in the condition and of the square footage the owners claimed.

One thing she said she also did was to report if there were unfenced pools or any trampoline. Those triggered an immediate and automatic cancellation notice.

I feel for ya too.Round here we have to deal with sand and gravel trucks on the highway daily.Busted windshields,A/C condensers,radiators,dents are common.They are not responsible because they have signs that read "Stay back 500 feet".Means nothing when they are passing you or have you boxed in. Rant over...

its not that I am anti-social, I live in the sticks, and it would be fine with me if the nearest neighbor is 5 mi away!!????? LOL

sorry for such troubles.

Hell yeah, I am in the city now, but have 2 farms, in two different county's, that me and the wife inherited from our relatives.
Both are at then end of dead end roads.
Mine is on 84 acres with a new house, I built in 1991, never slept one night in it.
Wife has 16 acres, with the house she grew up in, but her property, mother nature is starting to take over.
No time to maintain her place.

My neighbor called me this morning, and gave me the number of their insurance agent.
They are turning it in on their insurance.
I hope everything works out.

The cars are just daily drivers, so they sit outside all the time.
My Duster and Corvette are sitting in the garage.

How about a carport? Does your town allow them? May need to check your town regs, and setback requirements. May needca variance too. Most folks have these out here in addition to a garage because of all the hailstorms we get. The good ones are welded on site,.and have the supports concreted in the ground at a depth of 3 feet. Portables are ok too, if you can anchor em to a concrete pad.

-
Back