Wicked 68 Dart

-

Johnny Dart

Reaction score
Mopar Muscle magazine has a wicked 68 440 Dart in it. One of my favorite cars in the Mopar mags in a while. Everything about it is awesome. Color,stance, motor,interior. Just a solid well done car. Check it out.

Attachments

• IMG_20140822_224807070~2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_20140822_224724518.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 379
That does look clean,straight forward and pretty much just awsome!

It looks pretty stock to the eye, but it has trick owner touches all over.
Best car ive seen in awhile.
Anyone else see it ?

small cowl hood....very small...? I'll have to pick up the mag

small cowl hood....very small...? I'll have to pick up the mag

The hood is one of the details, only the trained eye could recognize.

The cowl is cut off a Road Runner hood, and grafted into the 68 hood. Along with the RR 440 call out.

Definitely a must see car.

Mopar Muscle magazine has a wicked 68 440 Dart in it. One of my favorite cars in the Mopar mags in a while. Everything about it is awesome. Color,stance, motor,interior. Just a solid well done car. Check it out.

what issue is that in?

Nov issue Mopar Muscle. The car is on the cover.
Just got it in the mail.

How can it be one of none?

Mr. Norm made 50 Dart GTS's with 440's that he called GSS in 1968.

Chrysler said that a 440 would not fit in a Dart, Mr. Norm ordered 383 Dart GTS's and converted them to 440's. It basically embarrassed Chrysler into doing it for 69. I ran into a guy locally here that had one of the original 440 Dart GSS. His nephew also had an original 69 440 Cuda.

How can it be one of none?

Mr. Norm made 50 Dart GTS's with 440's that he called GSS in 1968.

Chrysler said that a 440 would not fit in a Dart, Mr. Norm ordered 383 Dart GTS's and converted them to 440's. It basically embarrassed Chrysler into doing it for 69. I ran into a guy locally here that had one of the original 440 Dart GSS. His nephew also had an original 69 440 Cuda.

The owner called it a Dart 440 R/T. I think the "R/T" part made it the one of none.

The article explains the big block Darts, and the Mr. Norm connection.

Yes it is a very cool Dart, and if you look at the backside of magazine you will see my Dart in the PST advertisement. The magazine was a double bonus for me!:D

I read a little of it at the magazine rack.

IIRC, it is a So Cal car?? Never seen it around?

The hood is one of the details, only the trained eye could recognize.

The cowl is cut off a Road Runner hood, and grafted into the 68 hood. Along with the RR 440 call out.

Definitely a must see car.

I really like that detail... Looks smooth and it flows with the rest of the car.

-
Back