Widening stock wheels

-

vwmoparguy

Reaction score
I am looking for someone to widen my rear wheels and possibly narrow my fronts. I got an estimate from Custom and Commercial Wheel near me but I thought it was way too high. Stockton Wheel I think is out of business.

Any ideas????

I know but I read something about the owner dieing and the companys future was uncertain.

I think stockon did go out of business which stinks cause now i have a need for them, anyone else know of a place to get 11 inch wide rear steel wheels that look factory?

I made a set of 12inch stock looking wheel I went to a speed shop that sells stock car parts ordered a set of there 12inch.wheels and told them not to weld the centers in them.then took the center out of a stock wheel and welded it in.looked good with dogdish caps..thess wheel are a little heavyer than a stock wheel.and wen you put the center in be very carefull measure & measure then measure and then measure again tack weld and then measure again.the first set I made got sold before I was dun for 400.00 bucks hell the wheels only cost 50.00 each.dont know what they cost now...just a suggestion..........Artie

hey, i just called stockton wheel and they are open for business..........................

there is a guy at the long beach hot rod swap every month, that does custom wheels. i cant find his card but will keep looking.
for now you can try
RODS WEST
760-375-4573 in ridgecrest
i think they might be able to help.
long beach swap is this weekend i think. hopefully i will find his card

I just ordered 2 sbp 14x8 in wheels from Speciality Wheels. I paid 115.00 each. I haven't received the wheels yet so I can't report on shipping speed or their quality I didn't try Stockton because I thought they were out of business. Jerry

I called Stockton. They are open. He said probably around $175 a wheel to add an inch to the width. He also said 4 to 6 weeks. My wheels are stock steel 2009 Charger wheels in 17 inch diameter.

I called Stockton. They are open. He said probably around $175 a wheel to add an inch to the width. He also said 4 to 6 weeks. My wheels are stock steel 2009 Charger wheels in 17 inch diameter.

I think that's about the going rate, I called a guy in Livonia, MI and he was the same.

There are 3 drop sizes, diameter where the center attaches, to most of these wheel hoops.

312, 320 and 337 millimeters

For the metrically challenged...

That's
Inches

So, with the mopar centers try to find a 337 or 13.27" drop.

Carlisle Wheel in paramount, CA sells hoops in those three drops, BUT, you have to buy by the pallet. I know another guy that was thinking about buying a pallet and selling them off

Sorry, I've been over on FBBO. Bought a 68 Super bee and sorting it out.

The guy that Rocker sent you is good and he's in the Northwest. He basically takes SBP centers and welds 15" hoops on, then powder coats. he'll do any BS you need/want and is a wealth of info, so I'd call and discuss.

He does the steelie work for Stockton and others. Not sure if he could widen what you have, but worth a call.

PK

Might wanna try a local machine shop. A local shop here will widen them. I have not used them but a guy I know has. They widened a set of steel stock 17in ram truck wheel. looks factory.

This guys did mine. Says he builds wheels for the more well known companies. You'll get the wheels back raw needing paint. I've had couple 15" sets built by him.

The place is a little wierd. He has a dry personality and has a bunch of sick cats around the office and shop.

But if you don't waste his time and you know what you want you may be able to save a few bucks and have a fast turn around. He has turned my wheels around next day before. I usually take him the center I want used and he has a hoops in stock. Like Crackedback says the centers have to match the hoops to build a wheel.

Chariot Spring Co.
17866 Valley Blvd.
Bloomington, CA 92316
(909) 357-8195

Attachments

• 68 Dart 041.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 838
Thanks for all the great info guys.

I emailed the guy from Oregon or Washington ( I forgot). He needs me to measure the center of the wheel before he can give me a price. That's understandable, I just haven't had time yet. I think I'm going to try the guy in Bloomington since he's near me.

Might wanna try a local machine shop. A local shop here will widen them. I have not used them but a guy I know has. They widened a set of steel stock 17in ram truck wheel. looks factory.

It should be pretty basic for most machine shops to handle. As long as the machinist takes an interest in the project he will be happy and excited for the challenge :blob:

Sorry i`m a little late,,,but SPEEDWAY MOTORS INC. sells; what they call;(wheel shells) 8"x15"-$35.00, 10"x15"-$40.00...up to 12"x15",,,BUT they list only w/12-5/8" I.D.,..Acording to crackedback, if you use these you will need ; 320m.m. or 12.60" centers...I learned something today..THANKS,(,Crackedback) Don`t let a day go by where you don`t learn something!!no matter how small!!!

-
Back