Wife's in the hospital

-
Robert it is good to hear that one night of a room is comp by the hospital. Praying for a safe trip and good day Monday.

Thanks Robert for the update on Sarah. Prayers being said for a good outcome Monday. It is good to see people showing compassion out there, we could all show a little more of it these days.

Prayers continue for everyone including the mediacl staff. That is great thatn the hospital offers that blessing for you. Two hour drive before a serious operation would be hard on Sarah.

Thanks for the update. I was just telling the wife last night that we hadn't heard anything recently.

Prayers and thoughts are with you both.

How long is the recovery time, do you know?

Our prayers will be with you guys and to guide the surgeon's hands. That's great the hospital set up a hotel for you to stay in. Never heard of one doing that.

Our prayers will be with you guys and to guide the surgeon's hands. That's great the hospital set up a hotel for you to stay in. Never heard of one doing that.

Continuing the good thoughts and prayers this morning,....Its pretty commom for hospitals that are affiliated with a Cancer center to have a place for family to stay, wether its a nearby hotel or a room on site....Its better than driving home when your emotionally and physically drained. Sure as hell made my life easier when the Mrs. was goin thru her treatment. Most cancer centers seem to be farther from home than a standard medical facility.

I'll fill in more detail when I can, but figured ya'll would like to know. Just got an update from the OR. The surgeon has worked his way in and is taking the tumor even as I write this.

I'm so overcome with emotion that for the first time since this has all started I've fianlly broke down in tears. Still a ways to go, but the relief I feel right now is overwhelming.

Wow, I was just sitting here thinking about ya'll. Let us know how it goes. Hang in there.

Wow, I was just sitting here thinking about ya'll. Let us know how it goes. Hang in there.

Me too! I thought for some reason the surgery wasn't scheduled until tomorrow though; in fact, I almost called you guys this morning just to wish you luck and toss a little moral support but figured you had other things on your mind.

We're here Robert < hug > so don't hesitate to ask or call if you need anything today ....... or ever. :-D

Our thoughts are with you both.

cheers-with-beers-thumb12516273.jpg

To a great outcome:

I'll fill in more detail when I can, but figured ya'll would like to know. Just got an update from the OR. The surgeon has worked his way in and is taking the tumor even as I write this.

I'm so overcome with emotion that for the first time since this has all started I've fianlly broke down in tears. Still a ways to go, but the relief I feel right now is overwhelming.

If you didn't break down at some point you wouldn't be human.
Stay strong.

Update. Robert called me, and let me know that the surgery went well...the doctors removed what they felt was 99% or more of the tumor, although it took longer than they wanted. The doctors want Sarah to wake up, and find out if she has any side effects from the surgery, mostly a stroke from the operation.

That is the good news and a relief, but, they also have determined that the tumor was indeed cancerous, and they will have to take additional steps post op to make sure that it doesn't come back, ie., chemo and radiation. A few days from now they will have a better idea what kind of cancer that it is...in the meantime, there will be plenty of emotions and thoughts to go through.

FABO members have been very generous with so many people in need, and Robert and Sarah are certainly appreciative for your support. I personally thank you for helping...not just this couple, but so many others, these acts reassure my faith in humanity!

Please continue your thoughts, prayers, well wishes, and financial assistance as you feel compelled to. You may not see it, but it really helps when seeing it happen.

Robert will be staying at the hotel the next couple of nights at least, and wants to be there when she wakes up...just to keep her oriented and comfortable. Sarah's dad is there too, so someone will have someone close by when she is coming out of the anesthesia.

Will post more as I find out...peace!

John

Thanks for the update John and will continue to send payers for a full recovery.

Good to hear that amount of news. Hopefully Sarah will gain a full recovery.

Sent them a small bit of cash and a gift that will give a little bit of sunshine to Robert.

-
Back