• Of course you can, ya big wimp!

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Maybe. Do you have good insurance?

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Absolutely not. Are you insane?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
-
Send it! Be sure to come back and let us know how the dyno session goes.

Chassis dynos eat soft tires like cheese through a grater. I usually toss a set of street radials on for that type of tuning.

As fas a driving in the rain, it's no problem until you hydroplane. Just drive as if an egg is under the throttle pedal.

Oh the irony...After a blitz to get everything ready, the dyno shop called me this morning and had to reschedule due to the rain. They can't get any water down inside of the rollers and sensors, which totally makes sense. I should have thought of that.

8am and it's looking pretty ominous outside.

20230929_171107.jpg

I have run 295 bias plies in the rain before.
About 45mph the rear end was trying to find other places to go.:D

I have a chassis dyno session scheduled for this Friday. I live in the high desert where it hasn't rained in over 3 months.

As luck would have it, it supposed to rain this Friday. Of course, right?!

I have a 6 mile drive to the dyno. It's mostly back roads to get there. 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street-R tires. 590hp (est). 2800lbs. Rain-X w/o windshield wipers

Should I reschedule for November or nut-up and drive it there?

View attachment 1716146612
Then you’ll have snow. Just drive it there.are you in Bend?

Then you’ll have snow. Just drive it there.are you in Bend?

They canceled on me this morning. Rescheduled for next week barring more inclement weather.

I'm just outside of Sunriver

My dyno guy up here when I took my car the first time had no issues with me running the Hoosier quick time pros on the dyno, I'm leary about driving mine in the rain too, but course I don't have any wipers either which would really suck lol.

It's all about your right foot. The real issue is if your muscle memory forgets about the conditions? If you stay diligent. You should be ok.

I run Nittos year round rain or shine. The width of the tires (275/60-15 and 325/50-15's) and hydro-planning is my biggest worry. Heck, I've even hydroplaned with 35/13.50-18's on my truck at 65mph in heavy rain.

Seems like 50mph+ when water its raining and water is really flowing on the road is plenty to lift the rear tires off the pavement. From stoplight to stop light they hook just as hard as any non-Drag Radial tire I've used before. Especially if I pedal them initially to scrub off the tread for a few feet.

I have a chassis dyno session scheduled for this Friday. I live in the high desert where it hasn't rained in over 3 months.

As luck would have it, it supposed to rain this Friday. Of course, right?!

I have a 6 mile drive to the dyno. It's mostly back roads to get there. 325/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street-R tires. 590hp (est). 2800lbs. Rain-X w/o windshield wipers

Should I reschedule for November or nut-up and drive it there?

View attachment 1716146612
Not the best but just slow down and exercise caution.
A friend raced in the Trans Am series in 69 and 70. I think at Road America it started raing about 2/3 to 3/4 through the race. Many teams took the time to pit and get rain tires, which can be quite a time penalty. John finished the race on slicks going up the straights with the tail.hanging out left or right.

-
Back