Will this intake/carb work on my 273?

-

fadingfastsd

Reaction score
Just cruising the local Craigslist real quick after doing my valve adjustment on my 273, and came across this package:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/988332311.html

Its:

Will this setup fit my later model 273 (with the angled intake bolts?)

I'd like to pick it up, but I'm not sure if it'll work.

Thanks!

Evan

It will fit an early 273, but you will have to hog out the bolts holts. The bolt angles on the early motors is higher/more vertical..

Thanks for the input guys.
I think I might pick it up.

I have a later model 273 in my 64 Cuda, which has the angled intake bolts.

My next question is, will this intake/carb setup be reasonable with a stock engine? Right now I have a 2bbl carb/stock intake, and I'm assuming a stock cam. I have stock exhaust manifolds with straight duals and Flowmasters.

Will this intake/carb wake up my engine some more, or be overkill for my cam and exhaust setup?

Also will my stock throttle linkage work with this carb or will I need to modify it?

Thanks again! I appreciate the advice.

It will wake up your 273. If you buy this setup, get the mopar throttle adapter. Will make life somewhat easier to hook up. Since it looks like your car is stick, the kickdown linkage isn't an issue. Only thing else to get is a
4bbl air cleaner....

Bob

It will fit your 273. Check the intake's port sizes against your head's port sizes to see if there will be a mismatch. You may have to replace your throttle cable (2bbl one is shorter) and maybe the throttle cable hold-down bracket. Other than that, I agree w/ all thats been said so far.

..and it WILL wake up the motor!

-
Back