Winchester 1894

-
Very cool I have a '94 built in '51 that's chambered in 32 win spl. It is my favorite out of all the guns I own. Pic to the left

I just bought a Marlin 336 the other day. It's pretty old, and says Western Auto on it instead of Marlin. I need to take it apart to check it, just to be on the safe side.

love those lever actions ...I bought a Marlin 336 a couple of years ago love the gun...beautiful Winchester you have !

Same gun i have. single power 3x scope. Trust it over my remington 742 woodsman.

Attachments

• gun (Large).jpg
    123 KB · Views: 176
I see mention of a .35 Remington, this rifle was given to me by my Dad and I shot my first deer with it at age 11. It's a model 30 express in .35 cal.

You've kept it in beautiful shape too! I really believe that the .35 Rem can't be beat for short range white tail. I love the peep sight on it too. Not as quick as the traditional buckhorn, but much more accurate IMHO.

I picked up a new hanery 22 lever gun. Really love it. Now I want a yellowboy

You meant "Henry" right? I read up on those and they supposedly are 100% US made. Very nice rifles.

yes all the ones i have shot are .22, its a really hard recoil for me bcoz i am 4'10" 88lbs. so the .22 is almost too much for me.....im sure you guys can handle a lot more than me.

my cousin told me to shoot a 12 gauge at the range one time but i didnt shoot it bcoz its too heavy for me and i couldn't keep it steady ....if i would have fired it ...i think it would have knocked me down.

i have this .22 handy to protect the house ......my cousin said to use it if someone ever tried breaking in.....i pray that its never used for destruction but my cousin feels safer with it being here when im alone.
and we use it for rifle range shooting...which i only do with my cousin ....im not supposed to be even touching this....so i only shoot it at a private range we have here so that no one actually sees it in my hands.... i can get in big trouble......but my cousin is responsible for me so i listen to him.

its a fun sport ......i can see the day after i have permission, buying some and going hunting. i think its fun if done safely and responsibly

Ah, yes, a Ruger 10/22! I wouldn't want to get sprayed with one of those at close range, no thanks. With your described body type, it's best you stick with something you are 100% comfortable with until you get more familiar with the recoil of other availible cartridges. And since we're on the self-defense topic, I would hope that no one would relish taking a life. Even though I have a CCW, I hope I never have to use it. Knowing how to use and having a firearm is always a good thing in my eyes. It's the ability to have a choice to defend one's self that makes the difference.

BTW: A Ruger 10/22 was the first firearm I ever owned and I still have it. Over 30 years later and I still like bringing it to the range.

Vcool I have a '94 built in '51 thats in 32 win spl. It is my fave out of all the guns I own. Pics to the left

Nice! It's great to see so many lever action fans out there, Winchester or not. They are fun as hell, lol.

I just bought a Marlin 336 the other day. It's pretty old, and says Western Auto on it instead of Marlin. I need to take it apart to check it, just to be on the safe side.

It never hurts to check! They are really easy to take down too.

Same gun i have. single power 3x scope. Trust it over my remington 742 woodsman.

Another Marlin fan! They are built so strong that my reloading manuals have a seperate section in .45-70 for "Ruger No. 1, bolt action and Marlins only". The side ejection is an added benefit. Very pretty bedspread DD, the flowers are definitely you. :mrgreen:

Guns and cars what better way to say America. I love the old winchesters too my dream gun would be a model 71 348cal. I have a pre-64 model 70 bolt action in 30:06 that was my dads and the serial number puts it made in the early 50's. I see Rani chime in here on guns and cars she must be way cool are you Punjab

Guns and cars what better way to say America. I love the old winchesters too my dream gun would be a model 71 348cal. I have a pre-64 model 70 bolt action in 30:06 that was my dads and the serial number puts it made in the early 50's. I see Rani chime in here on guns and cars she must be way cool are you Punjab

no im not Punjabi from the state of Punjab ...thats in North India and im from south India.....different ppl but i know exactly who your talking about.

you forgot one: Guns, cars and Hamburgers LOL.

Guns are a touchy subject to some ppl these days bcoz so many have been used for no good, but it can be a useful tool or for a fun sport and dont have to be a problem if ppl keep cool heads and use common sense and common curtesy.

i live on a farm miles away from a city so having a .22 handy is almost a necessity......from having to teach a fox a lesson in the the chicken coup to having to plink out a bullsnake to keep the other animals from freaking out. LOL
for me that .22 never leaves the house ....there is no reason for it to go anywhere or be used for anything other than utility or in a supervised rifle range setting.

I love the Western type firearms.

Here's my Winchester 30-30 Ranger

I think these were the "economy" versions.

Attachments

• Rifle (Medium).jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 138
Guns and cars what better way to say America. I love the old winchesters too my dream gun would be a model 71 348cal. I have a pre-64 model 70 bolt action in 30:06 that was my dads and the serial number puts it made in the early 50's.

The pre-64's are where the money's at whether it be a Winchester or a Browing.

you forgot one: Guns, cars and Hamburgers LOL.

Guns are a touchy subject to some ppl these days bcoz so many have been used for no good, but it can be a useful tool or for a fun sport and dont have to be a problem if ppl keep cool heads and use common sense and common curtesy.

i live on a farm miles away from a city so having a .22 handy is almost a necessity......from having to teach a fox a lesson in the the chicken coup to having to plink out a bullsnake to keep the other animals from freaking out. LOL
for me that .22 never leaves the house ....there is no reason for it to go anywhere or be used for anything other than utility or in a supervised rifle range setting.

Just shooting at cans in a safe setting can be a lot of fun. The best way to deveolop your skills is by shooting.

I love the Western type firearms.

Here's my Winchester 30-30 Ranger

I think these were the "economy" versions.

Economy or not, they are still a great firearm!

Here's some nice old vintage Winchesters to drool over:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjmHrk2laHg&feature=player_detailpage"]Extremely Rare Winchester Rifles - Available at Auction! September 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt's model 1894... fitted with a silencer for varmint control!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQMoWmK1mn4"]Theodore Roosevelt's 1894 Winchester Lever-Action Rifle - YouTube[/ame]

Another Marlin fan! They are built so strong that my reloading manuals have a seperate section in .45-70 for "Ruger No. 1, bolt action and Marlins only". The side ejection is an added benefit. Very pretty bedspread DD, the flowers are definitely you. :mrgreen:[/QUOTE]

Oh you one funny guy.lol

I love both the Winchester, and Marlin lever rifles. Have had both, in center fire, and rim. Very nice shooting rifles. However this is my pride and joy of lever actions. Savage 1899 take down version, chambered in .22 Hi-Power. Built in 1911.

Attachments

• .22 hi-power.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 148
Nice to see people with these historical guns who actually shoot them. I have been to so many gun stores and seen to many guns in frames.

I inherited my grandfathers pre-64 Winchester 30-30. It's had less than 50 rounds put through it, ever. I also picked up a Marlin 45-70 20 years ago that's had only a few hundred put through it. I just never had the time to go shooting, now that I do, ammo is stupid expensive and I can't afford it!

Drool!!!!! memike needs a good brush gun 30.30 Ranger will fit the bill when the day comes. Some very nice rifles here with history, Great job keeping them up and serviced

Unfortunately this is the only pic I have on this computer. I need to find a butt plate too if anyone has one. I also have a model 61 built in '32-'33 IIRC I know not a leaver action but a damn cool pump action rife built by Winchester.

Attachments

• 100_1814.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 121
Let me jump in from the Marlin wagon. I've got my dads Marlin Model 336 chambered for .32 Winchester Special. My dad bought it new in early 1956 and put 1 round through it (into our front lawn) on the 4th of July. It's one of my earliest memories because I was really young. That was the only time he fired it as he died just two months later at the way-too-young age of 44 of his second heart attack.
Sweet-shooting rifle and accurate as it can be - even with just the original iron sights. One of my favorites. Still like new as it's had less than a box of shells through it in the past 50+ years.

Military rifles is what I collect. Mostly WW2, Korea and Vietnam era. glass beaded Super Match M1A. Too bad I can only see 500 yards with my sorry *** eyes. 7.62x51 NATO. One hour with this thing and I have to have a chiropractic adjustment. And I can't hear so well for a few days like after a Who concert I attended in the mid seventies. Also have an M1 Garand(when the enbloc pops out you would be surprised how many people run over and pick it up stating they think my rifle broke) and an M1 Carbine. Can't affort the 1911 though. So I own a S&W 4003 Tactical .40 Cal. And all of these are for hobby and target shooting. The 12 gauge and my Husky are for home protection. Of course my dog loves the fairer sex but don't walk up the driveway if you are a guy.

Attachments

• 30 Carbine with 30rd mag.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 85
  • M1A.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Brody with Jug-O.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 88
And yet the 1894 was praised as one of Brownings best, most simplistic lever gun designs....

It's the same with my 1897... Beautiful shotgun that runs flawlessly, but I dare not take it apart too far, for fear that I'll never get the thing back together. D:

the semi auto was fun ...really exciteing how the shell comes out the side, but the lever action was tooo fun....both had some mega re-coil and bruised the heck out of my shoulder.
.22's shouldn't have that much recoil. You sure you were shouldering them correctly?

i have seen some pretty old stuff .....my uncle has some old WWII german rifles and your right about the idea of when looking at such an old unit...you cant help but imagine what it has been through in life.

when i saw the old German rifle (not sure what it is) i thought that maybe it was fired by a young German boy in Normandy who might have been very afraid as he realized the allied forces were closing in on the beach.

Or maybe it was used in a battle between the Germans and Russian forces.

either way my imagination gets running bcoz i love history and you cant help but wonder.
Ya, thus is the awesome mystery of old Military Surplus rifles... The German rifle was most likely a Mauser 98k; one of the most popular mil-surp rifles in the USA. :)

- CK

-
Back