Windhield moulding clips

-

belmateo

Reaction score
Does anyone pictures of the lower windshield moulding clips for a 68-69 Dart?
I have a 69 convertible and don't want to put the plastic one on. The hardtops used a chrome one that is the same length. Any help would be appreciated.

The stainless reveal mouldings use the same clips all around.
Vendors will sell little bags marked front window and rear window but the only difference is the count enclosed.
Now about the bottom of the vert windshield.. The plastic insert locks the gasket. You can put a stainless moulding there and marry it to the verts A-pillar stainless easy enough but you'll need something in the gasket too.
The lower stainless moulding from a hard top wont lay on that gasket just right either and might produce a wind noise, whistle.
I would say dry fit the gasket with whatever replacement insert you choose then lay the stainless on and figure out how deep to set the moulding clips and what if any gasket trimming is needed.

Thanks for your fast reply, I was going to use the windshield gasket for a coupe so I wouldn't have that problem. What are your thoughts on that?

Thanks for your fast reply, I was going to use the windshield gasket for a coupe so I wouldn't have that problem. What are your thoughts on that?

Thats a good question. I haven't layed the coupe and vert gaskets side by side so I can't say if there is a difference at the top inside lip or not.
If there is another difference thats where it would be.

actually, the noticeable difference is on the sides of the windshield on the pillar. The coupe has a narrow pillar, thus a narrow gasket while the convertible obviously has a wider pillar for support thereby needing a narrower seal. I think it's only about 1/4" difference.
Solve one issue, create another LOL

actually, the noticeable difference is on the sides of the windshield on the pillar. The coupe has a narrow pillar, thus a narrow gasket while the convertible obviously has a wider pillar for support thereby needing a narrower seal. I think it's only about 1/4" difference.
Solve one issue, create another LOL

I know the verts a=pillar post is shaped different. I didn't notice a difference at the fence where the gasket mounts.
Soon as I get coffeed up I'm going to look. C\_/

This was done by Larry Oberman on the BOG ( Barracuda Owners Group) on his wifes Barracuda vert. Here is what he wrote about it. I will also add the pictures he posted as soon as I load them on my photobucket account.

"vert windshield seal

Finished my experiment on the wife's vert windshield gasket.

Since I had converted to a lower stainless trim piece,I wanted to try a
standard hardtop gasket.As Frank reported,The trim wont fit well when you
use the vert lock strip.

In the 1st picture you can see the bottom of the new gasket with the
integral lock strip,2nd picture the original gasket and groove for the
original lock strip.

3rd picture is the top of the old gasket and 4th is top of the new.Other
pictures are the trim clips.

The only major difference is at the top of the new gasket.You can see in the
picture a rubber flap that is used to cover the front edge of the headliner
on the hardtops.Because the vert has a metal trim piece to finish the top of
the windshield frame,this flap is in the road.
So I cut about 1/2 inch of it off all the way across the top.
I installed the windshield using butyl rubber sealant,like the factory did.

Sprayed it down with a hose and no leaks.
The stainless trim snaps in easily and looks good.
Best part is the gasket was under $100.00 where the original vert piece is
about $160.00 with the original lock strip."
newseal.jpg

originalseal.jpg

oldseal.jpg

newsealtop.jpg

P1010042.jpg

P1010041.jpg

-
Back