Window and door seals and weather stripping

-

64ValiantConv

Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase just about every seal and weather strip for my 1966 Barracuda. There seem to be a few choices these days... here's the ones I've found so far:

Steele
Precision
Metro
Classic Industries

Does anyone have input, good or bad, about these?

I need to order:
- Front/rear window seals and lock strips
- Door seals
- Roof rail seals
- Door glass weather strips
- Trunk seal
- Hood to cowl seal

Classic industries seems to have a good price, but I'm wary of it being Chinese junk. Laysons sells Precision and says they use it in their show cars and think it has the best fit available.

I agree, not sure about the availabilty for '66 stuff but Metro had all the soft parts I needed for my '67 and they were all good quality.

Thanks for the input. I think Classic Industries sells the Metro brand, and they have some pretty good pricing. I'm going to call to verify it's Metro and if so that's where I'll get it.

I used top cat whiskers on my door windows . They look good but are very tight. They have relaxed some in The last couple months but still very snug. I am very careful to roll the window up or down.
Yote

i was just hoping the OP would comment on what he ended up using and how he liked 'em but since he hasn't been on the forums in 3 years, I guess that ain't happening. Just another case of someone jumping on when they need some info but not offering any in return.

-
Back