Window Bee's

-
Does anyone know about the exact, correct placement of these decals, or were there no specific installation parameters?

Thanks in advance,
Ray

I have this;

Scat Pack bees are different than Scat Pack factory bees. Only 1970 cars used small, inside-of-window factory bees without any lettering. Every A and B-body Dodge with at least a 340 engine had these quarter window bees on the inside of the quarter windows. The bees were contour-following cut outs of clear material, onto which the five color prints were made. Scat Pack Club bees were never put on a new car at the assembly line. Club bees for 1968 were inside-of-window 6" circles. They were orange-pink-black-white-grey. Club bees 1969-70 were 4" circles, for inside-of-window. They were white-black-yellow-blue-red. The 1971 Club bees were completely different. They were 6" circles for the outer body or outside-of-window. Colors were orange-black-pink on chrome foil.

Only 1970 cars used small, inside-of-window factory bees without any lettering. Every A and B-body Dodge with at least a 340 engine had these quarter window bees on the inside of the quarter windows. The bees were contour-following cut outs of clear material, onto which the five color prints were made.

Hey 70dart:

Thanks for the info. I bought a set of the reproduction decals for the Swinger, but haven't put them on; mainly becase I was unsure of their placement and I haven't gotten around to doing the homework to find out... The ones that I have do not have any lettering, are fairly small, and are printed on clear material that is square and not contour-following. Any ideas on distance from the edges of the roof & quarter panel so as to "center" them? This is not critical to me and they don't need to be precisely located, but I'd like to get them close... Thanks.

Ray

I have this;

Scat Pack bees are different than Scat Pack factory bees. Only 1970 cars used small, inside-of-window factory bees without any lettering. Every A and B-body Dodge with at least a 340 engine had these quarter window bees on the inside of the quarter windows. The bees were contour-following cut outs of clear material, onto which the five color prints were made. Scat Pack Club bees were never put on a new car at the assembly line. Club bees for 1968 were inside-of-window 6" circles. They were orange-pink-black-white-grey. Club bees 1969-70 were 4" circles, for inside-of-window. They were white-black-yellow-blue-red. The 1971 Club bees were completely different. They were 6" circles for the outer body or outside-of-window. Colors were orange-black-pink on chrome foil.
That's a little confusing, because it says in the second sentence that only '70 had the bee sticker, then the very next sentence says every Dodge performance car had them. All I know is that I'm on my second 69 Superbee and both had the scatpack bee without lettering on the quarter windows. Exactly like my avatar.

I just checked YearOne's web site and they list that particular sticker for '70 only, so I guess someone slapped them on both of my '69's.

Back in 1985 I bought a new Omni GLH Turbo and one of the first things I did was to put a pair of scat pack bees in the rear windows. A lot of people noticed them, too.

Okay here is the down and dirty on the window bees; Oem6pak - If you had the rear quarter window bee, it would be the Scat Pack Club Decal. These were not put on at the factory, but came with scat pack club materials and may have been put on at the dealer as were many components. The first picture is of that decal. Size is 4" x 4" for that decal.

The factory bees are 2" x2". 1970 Seat Pack Bees are located 3/4" above felt weatherstrip; 1/2" between helmet of bee and weatherstrip, with door window fully up.
these are the second pic as in danmc77' s avatar. Hope this works for you guys.

scatpack club.gif

factorybees.jpg

The only 1970 cars that had the "Bee" in the quarter were the performance cars with 3.55 or lower gears. My 1970 Dart 340 car does not have them, it has the 3.23 gears and no stripe.

Little late,had to snap a pic.
Here is where they go
Take it eazy..........8)

Picture 680.jpg

:D please don't kill me....but I bought a pair NOS Scat Pack rear 1/4 window stickers for my 70 Dart Swinger 340 from Frank Mitchell off of eBay for $20.00 including shipping. It was a special he was running....but he still had alot of them left. I know many people don't like ol Frank but I've never had a problem. I also thought to be a member of the ScatPack club your car had to turn 14 second quarters....never heard anything in relationship to gearing.

I think you are right with the 14 second thing. Same with the Rapid transit system.

So would a '69 Swinger 340 have recieved the bees???? I know mine had these but not sure about the bees.

banner2.gif

GSD.jpg

member.jpg

-
Back