Not open for further replies.

dboldt

Douglas Boldt
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello all,

I have a 67 barracuda coupe which has an incorrect convertible windshield gasket, and is missing the lockstrip trim for the rear window. Both the front and rear windows leak, and I'm looking to upgrade both to 68-69 gaskets and stainless trim.

If you have a complete set for the front or rear, please send me a pm with the info and desired price. Thank you for reading.

DB

It's highly unlikely that your 67 notch has a vert windshield gasket but if you say so...

Just my two cents , from experience, having just completed this upgrade.
The upgade requires 9 pieces of stainless reveal moulding, 2 gaskets, I forget how many moulding clips, and atleast one tube of 3M windo-weld. Add the cost of a new headlinner just because it's foolish not to replace it while the windows are out. Total will be around 600.00. The 600 will buy a lot of that correct for 67 faux chrome plastic lock strip.

It's highly unlikely that your 67 notch has a vert windshield gasket but if you say so...

Just my two cents , from experience, having just completed this upgrade.
The upgade requires 9 pieces of stainless reveal moulding, 2 gaskets, I forget how many moulding clips, and atleast one tube of 3M windo-weld. Add the cost of a new headlinner just because it's foolish not to replace it while the windows are out. Total will be around 600.00. The 600 will buy a lot of that correct for 67 faux chrome plastic lock strip.

You helped me originally back in this thread .. and since then I spoke with cudavert who originally assembled the car. He informed me it was a vert gasket, and that the correct 67 gasket was unavailable (and sucked).

It would be awesome to know it's a 68-69 gasket because that would be one less thing to buy. I don't mind spending the 600 or so to have windows that don't leak, and have nice stainless trim. Thank you for all the info you've provided. You're clearly one of the brightest stars on this forum.

You helped me originally back in this thread .. and since then I spoke with cudavert who originally assembled the car. He informed me it was a vert gasket, and that the correct 67 gasket was unavailable (and sucked).

It would be awesome to know it's a 68-69 gasket because that would be one less thing to buy. I don't mind spending the 600 or so to have windows that don't leak, and have nice stainless trim. Thank you for all the info you've provided. You're clearly one of the brightest stars on this forum.

I went back to that thread a studied the pics. A better view of the bottom of your front window gasket would help, What I can see looks like 68 up 2 door hardtop gasket. Not a vert gasket. I'm thinking both front and rear gaskets are the ones to reuse if you are willing to clean them.
It would be nice to help you while all the little details are fresh in my mind. When those trim clips aren't right some will beat the crap out of the trim trying to install it. Everything about R&R that rear glass is a pain due to its shape.
If I decide to sell the trim , you'll be first to know. Good luck

I went back to that thread a studied the pics. A better view of the bottom of your front window gasket would help, What I can see looks like 68 up 2 door hardtop gasket. Not a vert gasket. I'm thinking both front and rear gaskets are the ones to reuse if you are willing to clean them.
It would be nice to help you while all the little details are fresh in my mind. When those trim clips aren't right some will beat the crap out of the trim trying to install it. Everything about R&R that rear glass is a pain due to its shape.
If I decide to sell the trim , you'll be first to know. Good luck
I called cindy rowe glass along with safelite and they are suppose to put one in my 67 next week said they could get the gasket.

i have the windshield and backglass stainless trim for a notchback.
i also have good used gaskets.

barracudakid,

i'm assuming you sold this stainless windshield and rear window trim for a notchback last year but thought i'd check?

Have a '67 notch but planning to switch to the 68-69 gasket with clips in the near future.

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back