windshield lockstrip

-
Reaction score
Hi everybody!
Can anyone tell me if a lockstrip fitting Darts from seventies also fits my Dart -64? I am talking about front windshield.
Can someone tell me where I can buy a Chrome lockstrip fore a reasonable price?
All answers are welcome.
Bert The Swede.

G'day Bert,
I bought some off Ebay USA for my '66 Barracuda.
They do fit but are not quite as wide as the originals.
Look at Ebay and ask the seller?
Sorry I can't be more specific
Gary

The lock for a later model with stainless reveal mouldings is a round black rubber cord. The lock strip for your gasket has a different shape/profile.

Thank you!
Someone told me there are a manufactor in New Zeeland. Have you heard about that?
I can't remember the companys name. But it is your neighbour ?? Close enough. Same side of our poor planet.
Bert.

The local glass shop provided me a chrome looking lockstrip which they said was for a 80s Chev pickup that fit mine nicely. It's not exactly like the old one but it works and looks pretty nice. If anyone has a source for the correct one I would be interested in knowing.

The local glass shop provided me a chrome looking lockstrip which they said was for a 80s Chev pickup that fit mine nicely. It's not exactly like the old one but it works and looks pretty nice. If anyone has a source for the correct one I would be interested in knowing.
The guy who just installed my 66 Dart windshield told me the same thing about 80,s Chebby pickups locking strip working.:D

I used some on my 66 Valiant from a chevy truck too, got it on eBay, was about $30 for both front and rear windows, seller has them listed for the early a-body cars, fit was real good and was very happy. My dad used the same stuff on his 66 Cuda with the same result. Nothing close to the original stuff is out there, this is an item that should be correctly reproduced but isn't, if it was it would sell good.

-
Back