Windshield Question 68 dart

-

phwx2

Reaction score
1) Is there any difference between a 69 hard top windshield and a 68 convertable windshield?
2) Is the bottom brightwork trim on the 69 hard to windshield and the same piece on a 68 convertable? they look the same to me but maybe someone knows for sure.

Thanks.

I believe
2 door hard top
2-4 door post
convertible
Windshield's are all different.

the height of the glass I think is what is different so the bottom reveal molding is likely the same.

I believe
2 door hard top
2-4 door post
convertible
Windshield's are all different.

the height of the glass I think is what is different so the bottom reveal molding is likely the same.

i think the convertible is the same as either 2 dr HDT or 2/4 dr's. not 100% though

Oklacarcollecto

1) re: "The bottom filler strip is plastic on the convertible. I have seen the stainless modified and used on the convertible and that is exactly what I am planning." Got any details on this?

2) Do you know of a source of replacement plastic filler strip for the bottom on a 68 GTS conv?

Oklacarcollecto

1) re: "The bottom filler strip is plastic on the convertible. I have seen the stainless modified and used on the convertible and that is exactly what I am planning." Got any details on this?

2) Do you know of a source of replacement plastic filler strip for the bottom on a 68 GTS conv?

They trim the backside of the stainless lock to make it fit.

To keep it simple, dont count the doors. Instead look for a b-pillar post. If there is a post the windshield is different. That's how I do it anyway.

-
Back