Windshield washer tank

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I am looking to find what is an original style windshield washer tank for a 64 Dodge Dart GT with electric pump. If anyone has a picture of one, I would appreciate it if you could post it here so that I might be able to find one for my car. Thanks, Clay

Here is what they looked like in 62-64

001.jpg

003.jpg

I'm thinking that they must have switched to a plastic jug at some point, probably when they started putting the 273 engine in. Because if I hung the bag like that it would be hitting the exhaust manifold when it was full.

When I look up the part in many different catalogs, it shows 60-63 for the bag and 65-69 for the jug.

Not all '64 models had windshield washers. If this is a conversion, you may need a wiper switch with that option too. I'd use the plastic bottle version unless this is a 100 point restoration. The pump is mounted separate from the washer bottle and connected by a hose. The bottle is available new....not so sure on the pump.

Of the many 64 models (U.S. versions) I've had over the years with the washer option, they all had the plastic reservoir. All the '63's I've had, used the Jiffy Jet bag. That's not to say there weren't some early/late models that had the other style. Not all options changed when the model year did. It may be that export models and/or the different assembly plants might not have changed over at the same time either.

Thanks everyone, I think that I am going to use the plastic jug like in that 66. I was thinking that when 1/2 way through the model year, when they started using the V8s, they changed over to the jug type. So that is what I will be telling any critics. LOL

Not all '64 models had windshield washers. If this is a conversion, you may need a wiper switch with that option too. I'd use the plastic bottle version unless this is a 100 point restoration. The pump is mounted separate from the washer bottle and connected by a hose. The bottle is available new....not so sure on the pump.
My car had that option, but there was no jug in it when I got it. I have the original pump and a second aftermarket pump as well, and they look identical.

Thanks everyone, I think that I am going to use the plastic jug like in that 66. I was thinking that when 1/2 way through the model year, when they started using the V8s, they changed over to the jug type. So that is what I will be telling any critics. LOL
I would say that would be acceptable. My 66 has a white plastic tank with a external pump in the inner fender. Washer Bottle 1965-69 A-Body 1965 B-Body, Windshield Washer Bottles, 102-WB11 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

-
Back