Windshield Wiper Linkage

-

RTSduster

Reaction score
Where can I find some of the retainers for attaching the drive link and the connecting link to the wipers? Are they plastic or metal clips or what? This is on a Duster, but they're probably all the same.

I found the plastic clip at my local parts store. Stick with
a good parts store with a parts person with some experance.
Car Quest, NAPA and the like. It will be alot cheaper
also.

am I missing something, after you install the bushings, how do you install the clips? maybe I have the wrong ones, but I dont see how these things fit on the linkage.
Thanks.
David

I dont know which design you have. up until 67 the pivot points had bronze bushings, fiber washers and steel clips. In 68 they change the bronze to a black plastic bushing and same clips. Later on the bushing became a ball socket that snaped in place, thus deleting the clips. Pivot pins either have a groove for a clip or a ball end.

Sorry, I should have provided more info. I have a 74 duster, I purchased the new white plastic bushings with the clips from Ebay. The hole in the center of the clip is not large enough to fit over the bushing, or the end of the linkage. I was not sure how it is supposed to secure the arms together. The bushings fit fine, but without the clips the passenger side windshield wiper arm pops off of the linkage arm connecting the two arms together. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

On a 74 you should have 3 closed end ball sockets in the linkage with no retainer clips required. The only steel clup is at the motors pitman arm.
Help lines at part stores have those parts but theirs aren't the same quality as what you local Dodge dealer should have in stock.

Did you get bushings that look like the ones in the attached picture? If not, I believe these are the ones you need. I just replaced the bushings in my 74 Duster.

Good luck. As mentioned in the thread these bushings can be purchased at Napa.

Attachments

• wiper bushings.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 508
Did you get bushings that look like the ones in the attached picture? If not, I believe these are the ones you need. I just replaced the bushings in my 74 Duster.

Good luck. As mentioned in the thread these bushings can be purchased at Napa.

Where did u get this

-
Back