Winter time model building thread.

-
Here's a couple of Dodge trucks that should have been. I built the green truck about 15 years ago, it is a resin body, and I still have to put the mirrors on it.

100_1524.jpg

100_1576.jpg

Hey dodge freak73, the wrecker bodies are actually from toys they sold at mobil stations about 10 / 15 years ago. They are 1/25 scale they originally had chevy cabs on them. A modeling forum would be a great idea!
Thanks I'll have to try to find one as I've wanted to do this for years now.

Here's a couple different cars. The first is a 55 Chevy Bel Air the second kit is a Hemi Magnum w/shaker hood. I'd be up for the Model Forum as well, I think its a great idea. I personally think we can all benifit and learn from each other's building tips:cheers:

55chevy BA.jpg

HPIM2038.jpg

I'd be up for the Model Forum as well, I think its a great idea. I personally think we can all benifit and learn from each other's building tips:cheers:

I brought it up on the Moderators forum (yup, we have our own.....) and it was universally well received. Just have to get the blessings from the guy who pays the bills....

Wadda ya say Joey?
Our membership wants to know.... 8)

That Dodge Magnum looks cool dodgefreak73
Thanks dge467 I was very happy with the way the Magnum turned out. Here's a couple pics of one of my oldest kits a '62 Lancer GT it was in very rough condition when I got it, I did a "Resto" on it about 8yrs ago. I thought judging by your avatar that you would like to see this one

HPIM5211.jpg

HPIM5210.jpg

That Lancer is awesome!!!!=P~ I would love to find one of those kits. I'm jealous.

Here's some of my junkers

I'm curious about the '68 Cutlass. Is that resin?

I've got a couple of '68s that came with a Buddy L auto carrier when I was a kid. The seem to be 1/24th or 1/25 but are a fairly soft plastic.

I'm curious about the '68 Cutlass. Is that resin?

I've got a couple of '68s that came with a Buddy L auto carrier when I was a kid. The seem to be 1/24th or 1/25 but are a fairly soft plastic.

Actually it is a conversion kit built on a 69 hurst olds kit, I don't remember the manufacturer. I bought it off ebay about 6 years ago, it consisted of the grille, bumpers, tail lights and hood.

Hi 4spdcuda66, yeah those are the old Johan kits. The black and white one was built about 20 years ago. The blue one about 15 years ago. That' a great kit.

Hi 4spdcuda66, yeah those are the old Johan kits. The black and white one was built about 20 years ago. The blue one about 15 years ago. That' a great kit.
I wish I still had all the old kits from my youth, I had a bunch of Johan kits. There was a guy at the Nat's selling them from $90 to $150. Who would have known?

I probably couldn't afford half the models I have now if I were to buy them today.

Duster and Bee.
Nice Builds dge467:cheers:Here is my latest build it's not a Mopar but still a fun build. It's a 57 Chevy "Gasser" p/u, chassis is almost finished just a few small details left. I just mocked up the body for pics but it should look pretty cool for my first gasser model, I just wanted to do something different this time.

HPIM5217.jpg

HPIM5220.jpg

Thanks dge467!!! The frame is almost too nice to put the body onto LOL. The flame striping on the frame was a pain in the a*# to do but turned out nice just done freehand with a sharpened toothpick.

Thanks dge467!!! The frame is almost too nice to put the body onto LOL. The flame striping on the frame was a pain in the a*# to do but turned out nice just done freehand with a sharpened toothpick.
Here's the truck that inspired me to do the build I found this pic on the net and liked the look

2370324_1_full.jpg

Here is a '68 Runner that got salvaged from the junk pile. It had a terrible yellow paint job on it before I painted it black. The paint is a little thick because of the previous job, so the small details suffer a little. The foil work and detail paint work is not yet complete. It will probably look o.k. when done. Not my best work.

runner front angle.jpg

runner grille.jpg

runner rear.jpg

runner side.jpg

-
Back