Winter time model building thread.

-
Dang =P~ Look at these garage builds 8) to cool, I think it's time for a trip to Hobby lobby where I get my supplies at homecloned :cheers:
I am learning every day :-D

Here is the kit memike. I got this about 10 years ago.
Check out the cool stuff. Drills, bench grinder, welders, wrences, screwdrivers, tool boxes, shelves, compressor, paint guns, engine lift, etc.

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

DSC00002 (Custom).JPG

DSC00003 (Custom).JPG

DSC00004 (Custom).JPG

DSC00005 (Custom).JPG

DSC00006 (Custom).JPG

DSC00007 (Custom).JPG

DSC00008 (Custom).JPG

DSC00009 (Custom).JPG

DSC00010 (Custom).JPG

How do you guys pull off the rusted spots and make it look real?

(Not trying to be annoying by asking twice.)

DANG :cheers: I wonder if that kit is still available
It's friggin raining:angry7: so it looks like a day inside for me 8)

Hello, I make my rust spots by first drilling a hole then taking a dremel tool and grind the hole from behind and thin the area around the hole. To make the rust texture I take chalk shavings and mix it with rust colored paint.

Lots of talent shown in this thread by more FABO members than we all thought may be into scale Mopar modeling. What does everyone think about asking for a 'Mopar Modelling forum'?
Sounds like a good idea to me. Especially popular during the winter months for a lot of members.
Enough positive feedback may convince the admins. Also, a good way for some of our younger pre-driving members to connect with the more 'seasoned' members and get bitten by the Mopar bug.

Nice tip, dge. Anybody used Tamiya's "make up" kit for mud, dirt, sand, exhuast stains, yet?

Lots of talent shown in this thread by more FABO members than we all thought may be into scale Mopar modeling. What does everyone think about asking for a 'Mopar Modelling forum'?
Sounds like a good idea to me. Especially popular during the winter months for a lot of members.
Enough positive feedback may convince the admins.

Not a bad idea. I'd be in on it. I'm always willing to learn and would like to find out some tips. And from some of the masters on here, I've already gotten some inspiration to go to the next level.

Hello, I make my rust spots by first drilling a hole then taking a dremel tool and grind the hole from behind and thin the area around the hole. To make the rust texture I take chalk shavings and mix it with rust colored paint.
Cool. Thanks! :)

Hey dodge freak73, the wrecker bodies are actually from toys they sold at mobil stations about 10 / 15 years ago. They are 1/25 scale they originally had chevy cabs on them. A modeling forum would be a great idea!

100_1556.jpg

100_1557.jpg

100_1558.jpg

Not a bad idea. I'd be in on it. I'm always willing to learn and would like to find out some tips. And from some of the masters on here, I've already gotten some inspiration to go to the next level.

Wouldn't hurt. It would sure beat the news and politics forum.:-D
Please mods give it some thought.

This thread has taken on a life of its own. Thanks to all who are sharing and giving me some inspiration as well on the rainy days. There are some outstanding models posted here.:cheers:

I new you would chime in on the rust issues John. I have not done any weathering yet but am thinking about it for when I do my GTX before and after build.

Try it...once you do your first weathered model, you will do all your models that way !

Wouldn't hurt. It would sure beat the news and politics forum.:-D
Please mods give it some thought.

You guys have NO IDEA what a thorn in our asses that Politics Forum is.... I wish it would go away too. We have members with 800 posts, and 745 are for Politics. :angry7:

A Model Building Forum was considered a while ago but at the time we didn't have enough people, and truthfully... interest, to do it. But I think it may be different now.

Let's see what we can do for you guys......
8)

some very nice models in this thread, love the 1/32 slotcars :love7:

Thanks juergen! I'll have to post more. And thanks D Cluley and Fastback on the paint stripping tips. I have heard about the Castrol Super Clean before, sounds like strong stuff.

A couple more slot car conversions. MPC Dodge police car and Polarlights Green hornet Black beauty Imperial both mounted on Scalextric chassis. And a Lindberg 76 Dodge Charger mounted on a Carrera chassis.

100_1561.jpg

100_1562.jpg

-
Back