Winter time model building thread.

-
Revell slant six engine,and Amt 61 Valiant,63 and64 Valiant promos.

Picture 013.jpg

Picture 014.jpg

Picture 016.jpg

Thanks, when you restore the Volare I loved to see a picture of it.8)

Not sure how I want to go with the Volare yet. It came apart well, didn't break, and everthing is intact. Still in the planning stages at the moment: color, engine choice, platform. Got a lot of ways to go, from a slant granny grocery getter to a tube suspension canyon carver...

Revell slant six engine,and Amt 61 Valiant,63 and64 Valiant promos.
8)WOW!! That /6 is awesome amazing detail on it. I've never seen that one before. I like the promos as well especially the 63 Valiant, I used to own a 63 2dr post, I wish I'd never sold that car

Not sure how I want to go with the Volare yet. It came apart well, didn't break, and everthing is intact. Still in the planning stages at the moment: color, engine choice, platform. Got a lot of ways to go, from a slant granny grocery getter to a tube suspension canyon carver...
I am sure whatever you decide on, it will come out good.

8)WOW!! That /6 is awesome amazing detail on it. I've never seen that one before. I like the promos as well especially the 63 Valiant, I used to own a 63 2dr post, I wish I'd never sold that car
The slant six kit is from 1961. A friend of mine picked it up about ten years ago, and I did a little side job for him and he paid me with the kit. It is battery operated but I am missing a gear for the electric motor.

Picture 017.jpg

Picture 018.jpg

The slant six kit is from 1961. A friend of mine picked it up about ten years ago, and I did a little side job for him and he paid me with the kit. It is battery operated but I am missing a gear for the electric motor.

Thought that looked familiar. Saw one on oldmodels.com. Remember thinking how cool is it, until I saw the price :-D

Here is a couple of customs. Monogram 70 Dodge Challenger and MPC 78 Dodge Monaco.

cats 008.jpg

I am going to dig out some non mopar builds later today and post some pics.
You guys are awesome. The build quality here is show winner worthy!

Keep the pics comin.

Here are a couple of MPC kits I built back in 1987 when I was 17 years old. Sheesh, where dose the time go!

cats 016.jpg

Here is a couple of customs. Monogram 70 Dodge Challenger and MPC 78 Dodge Monaco.
Those are awesome love the "roadster" look great work!
Here is one of my older most radical customs built about 10 years ago. It is a '57 T-Bird with a '95 Corvette roof and hand built "fins" on the rear fenders plus many other mod's. I built this and put it back in the box this is the 2nd time it's been out since it was built I've never displayed or shown this one, I guess I was just afraid something might happen to it but here it is

HPIM5274.jpg

HPIM5270.jpg

Here is one of my older most radical customs built about 10 years ago. It is a '57 T-Bird with a '95 Corvette roof and hand built "fins" on the rear fenders plus many other mod's. I built this and put it back in the box this is the 2nd time it's been out since it was built I've never displayed or shown this one, I guess I was just afraid something might happen to it but here it is
That is very cool!!!

Thanks man! That T-Bird is pretty wild! You do some excellent body sculpturing. Buy a nice display case for it.

Thanks guy's!!!! We all know the work that goes into these models, and I really enjoy seeing other peoples talent on their models. This is where we get our insperation to do these builds, seeing other peoples ideas and sharing tips on building. I've always enjoyed looking at somebody elses models more than my own. Someday I'll have a display case made to put all of my models into but until then I'm glad we have this thread to display each others talent. On that note I'll share my "low rider" Duster this was something I dream't up a couple years ago. It's got hydrualic suspension with the batteries and pumps in the trunk along with the subwoofers

HPIM5275.jpg

HPIM5276.jpg

HPIM5277.jpg

Those look cool dodgefreak73! That Duster looks like a really clean build. The Jeep is a pretty unique build.

A couple of Monogram 70 Challenger T/A's done up as Sam Posey's Trans Am racers. Built these in the early 90's. I think the decals are Fred Cady's. This is as close to factory lime green I could find at the time, as none of the model paint makers had any at the time. The kit in the front is fully detailed and the rear one has no engine or interior.

100_1528.jpg

A couple of Monogram 70 Challenger T/A's done up as Sam Posey's Trans Am racers. Built these in the early 90's. I think the decals are Fred Cady's. This is as close to factory lime green I could find at the time, as none of the model paint makers had any at the time. The kit in the front is fully detailed and the rear one has no engine or interior.
Those are awesome!!! Very nice detail work!

Sam Posey's has had some great T/A cars :cheers:

Dang I had a couple pictures of his car :angry7:

Here's the Ramchargers Candymatic
That's a great kit, beautiful job!!!!! This is the Johan Petty Superbird kit. I radius the wheel wells and lowered it. I painted it with real engine paint, Chrysler engine blue. I can't believe it didn't melt the plastic.

100_1522.jpg

I could not find the pictures of the 77 car but here is some pictures of a great T/A race car :cheers:

0711_01z+1970_plymouth_cuda+front_three_quarter_view.jpg

0711_04z+1970_plymouth_cuda+rear_three_quarter_view.jpg

0711_03z+1970_plymouth_cuda+single_four_barrel_downdraft.jpg

I could not find the pictures of the 77 car but here is some pictures of a great T/A race car :cheers:
Some great pictures memike. Here are a couple of modified H.O. slot cars. Scratch built the front and rear spoilers and made the AAR Cuda hood scoop from scratch. I can't remember who the decals are from though.

Picture 020.jpg

-
Back