Wiper Issues, PLS HLP!

-
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Folks!

Recently installed a new multi-speed wiper switch (thanks to FABO classifieds) and am running into a slight issue. The wipers are following the correct path, all speeds are working correctly, unfortunately they are parking in the 'up' position (perpendicular to the surface of the Earth).

The only other thing I noticed were some strange electrical signals coming through my speakers and a periodic clicking noise within the wiper switch itself (even when the wipers are not running). I plan on cleaning all the grounds and tracing the wires to hopefully solve these 'noise' issues.

Any starting points or solutions to the parking position problem (or electrical noises) will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!

Different motors work "different." The only advise I can give you is refer to the correct year shop manual, and visit the passion site, which has a wealth of info on them

You have to make certain the switch is compatible with the motor you have

http://www.passion4mopars.com/

he / they are a member here as well

Did you remove the motor from the wiper linkage..??

If so, and you re-installed the arm onto the motor 180* out,, it'll park the wipers as you mentioned..

hope it helps

I havent messed with wiper motors much, but the 68 to about 75 A-bodies that I have encountered, had matching motors and switches.That is 3 for 3, and 2 for2.
The parking sw is in the motor and has a small degree of adjustability in it, but like Inertia mentioned......
I suppose with modern tek, somebody could design a "switch" that varied the duty-cycle of the "hi" position. I could see that device putting out RFnoise. I also cant imagine how it could control the park mech, unless it bypassed the variable duty cycle in hi.Anyway; 3for3, and 2for2. Best of luck.

-
Back