Wiper motor LOUD

-

wes beem

Reaction score
Brand new wiper motor. Original didnt work when i got the car. Its been 5 or 6 years since i had my dart but indont remember the wiper motor being so loud? Is that normal?

Try it again but put some window washer fluid in the glass first.

Some of the noise might me the motor straining

That alone will keep you awake on a night drive home after work.
Syleng1

I bet this is a two speed wiper motor!!! The car I just rebuilt is the first A-body I've had with 2 speed wipers (3 speed and variable speed is a whole different motor). The wipers didn't work when I got the car. I installed a new wiper motor from Rock Auto and it sounds just like this. I just assumed that the 2 speeds were louder. The car has been driven 7000 miles over the last 6 months and it still sounds like that. I await a solution because it sure is LOUD!!!

Shouldnt be that loud. Im sure some of its coming from the dry wipers but I hear motor noise.

My 56 year old OEM 67 2 speed basically makes no noise

its not the dry windshield, i tried wetting it down, thats all motor. Boy shes loud...

Fingernails on a chalk board! I believe it is all motor too. Crawl up under the dash (take out the front seat) and disconnect the linkage. Then you will know for SURE if it's motor or linkage.

IMHO: take it back out (I know- ugh!)
Take it apart and check it out or better yet order another and send that one back.
It probably something inside rubbing like the wrong bushing or the shaft has a slight bend do to being dropped during assembly.
There is really not much to them.
Syleng1

Fingernails on a chalk board! I believe it is all motor too. Crawl up under the dash (take out the front seat) and disconnect the linkage. Then you will know for SURE if it's motor or linkage.
oooh good idea! And i wont have to remove the seat, i dont have any trouble getting under there :)

I'm surprised if it were the motor that the case wouldn't be hot or at least be able to feel any rubbing on it. That noise is as embarrassing as squealing brakes.

Then you must be younger and more agile than me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

im at a bit of an advantage, on my car we ripped all the factory heater box and crap out so the only thing under my dash is very cleanly ran painless performance wiring. I just lay down on my bench seat and and scooch right under Lol

I ended up checking online reviews and sure enough there were tons of complaints about this brand of motor being loud as hell.

So i returned it and ordered a Cardone one for about 30$ more. Hopefully that sorts the issue.

New more expensive motor didnt fix it.
Im at a loss. Wiper transmission itself moves freely without issue.
No sticking/grinding ext.

New more expensive motor didnt fix it.
Im at a loss. Wiper transmission itself moves freely without issue.
No sticking/grinding ext.
Take a video of how loud the motor is, and take it back. Cardone is notorious for cleaning and repairing rather than "rebuilding".
On a positive note, with the wipers on, you'll never fall asleep at the wheel.

-
Back