Wiper Motor Lube and Maintenance

-

kemikal embalance

Reaction score
On the wiper motor, two speed...(this is a two speed, right?)
Is there a way to grease the internals or drop some oil in there?

This is for my sons first car, 68 Dart 270.

And has anyone done a detailed disassembly ? I guess ide have to grind the riots off and I have no way to redo them. Meaning I don't know how or have the tools.

I still need to do a bench test on it. Which I need to figure out the terminals first.

Besides a bit of grease on the stator shaft, what about the inside of the casing?

wiper motor.jpeg

Their quick assembly brads usually can be replaced with nuts and bolts. Just takes longer to assemble. Their old school grease can be replaced with more modern lithium/synthetic grease too. hope this helps.

I have used small 4-40 machine bolts and nuts in place of the rivets. I use Aeroshell 22 synthetic multi temp grease on stuff like this, but I work in aviation.

I have used small 4-40 machine bolts and nuts in place of the rivets. I use Aeroshell 22 synthetic multi temp grease on stuff like this, but I work in aviation.
Ill look into those machine bolts. Is this motor something I do not want to get into? Im tech proficient just not the best at fab stuff.

I have a good synthetic grease but I don't know the weight it can carry. Probably fine for this but definitely not a ball joint grease.

I'm not an electric motor guy, but I rebuilt a 67 prestolite variable speed wiper. It worked just fine. I also rebuilt a blower fan motor. Theres some tricks to this stuff but not much.

I'm not an electric motor guy, but I rebuilt a 67 prestolite variable speed wiper. It worked just fine. I also rebuilt a blower fan motor. Theres some tricks to this stuff but not much.
I don't think it to be complicated, but sometimes when you pop a rivet off and take something apart....its never the same again.

hoping y'all would chime in and say eazy peezy or don't do that.
Sounds like if I get some good bolts, its not an issue.

No!

Replace them with factory style rivets!

Or Contact me and I may do it for you if we agree to a price for full service a re-furb! I hate seeing bolts!

No!

Replace them with factory style rivets!

Or Contact me and I may do it for you if we agree to a price for full service a re-furb! I hate seeing bolts!
I would prefer to do a rebuild on it. The kid wants to keep as much of the original parts as possible and I support that. Ill DM you. thanks

On the wiper motor, two speed...(this is a two speed, right?)
Is there a way to grease the internals or drop some oil in there?

This is for my sons first car, 68 Dart 270.

And has anyone done a detailed disassembly ? I guess ide have to grind the riots off and I have no way to redo them. Meaning I don't know how or have the tools.

I still need to do a bench test on it. Which I need to figure out the terminals first.

Besides a bit of grease on the stator shaft, what about the inside of the casing?

View attachment 1715824252
Most likely the grease inside the housing is hard as rock. you can grind off the rivets or drill them out and use small screws and nuts to put it back together

-
Back