wiper switch

-

hemitheus

19? Plymouth Scampenstein
Reaction score
How the heck do i pull the wiper switch out? i loosened the typical mopar spinner on the front side but there is no quick release button like on the headlight switch?

its a 64 valiant with the wiper button in the middle of the switch.

Im trying to remember.

I THINK on my duster ( not sure if they are similar set ups).....there may have been a little alan head screw on the side of the knob which allows the knob to come off once loosened.

THEN I THINK there is a metal washer that is threaded that has notchs in it.

you just take a flat head screw driver and insert it into one of the notchs and use leverage on the screw driver to turn the washer counter clockwise and once the washer is unthreaded the wiper switch should come out the back.

or am I thinking of the headlight switch? heck I don't know.

let me know if I was right or wrong....to tired to think right now lol

it does have the washer with the notches in it but then when you loosen it the thing hits the knob. cant figure out how to get the knob off. there is no allen set screw

mine either had a small alan set screw that went into the side of the knob (hard to see it if it is there) or it had a little triangle clip that fits inside the knob and there is a ridge on the shaft....so once you push the knob on the triangle clip snaps into places around the ridge in the shaft. if thats the case then it will require some tugging to pull the knob and clip off that ridge in the shaft but should pop right off.

if you don't see a set screw than you just have to pull on the knob to remove it.

-
Back