wire question

-

mod38-1

Reaction score
Hi everyone I was just trying to clean up the wiring on my 1972 duster and I have a question on what a wire all runs to. I have the manual and I can not find in the wiring diagrams I have where it shows this wire coming to and from the fuse block. The fuse block is labeled brake and LP for the circuit in question. It looks like the blue/white wire power is coming from the ignition switch. The diagram does not show this wire going to the fuse block. I can tell you that it goes to terminal 1 of the instrument cluster. It also goes to a bulb (was not hooked to anything) and to what looks like a relay. The wire splices and goes to 5 wires just to the left of the gauges in the wiring harness. I would just like to know where they all go without having to take a bunch apart to find out. Thanks

Attachments

• bulb.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 136
  • fuse block.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 140
  • relay.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 142
Just a shot in the dark here,, But It may be the seat belt buzzer and light on the dash. I know they had them in 74.Not sure about 72.Again just a thought.

There may be a sub-page that has "other" harnesses for your car. Look at both the body and instrument cluster schematics.

Blue with a white tracer goes to those items that power up at ignition on. If you unplug what looks like a relay or time delay, seat buzzer, whatever, it will no longer work. Identifies itself.

...............This is likely "Ignition run" or IGN1 AND IS NOT FUSED.

What are you using for a diagram? factory manual? or the simplified ones from "MyMopar"

Thanks for the replies so far. I must have the simplified version because it looks just like the one on mymopar site. It IS a fused circuit. If I remove the second fuse in labeled Brake LP power on the circuit goes away. I know for sure that one of the wires off the splice goes to that relay or buzzer pictured and another goes to the gauges. I am just trying to find out where the rest of them go without having to take apart a bunch more. The car is a A/C car if that matters.

Blue w/white was fused in the later models before going to the brake warning lamp and a few other accessories. If I recall correctly it went from the ignition switch into the fuse box as a larger gauge wire and out the other side of the fuse a smaller gauge blue w/white.
I don't have a factory diagram to look at. sorry

Thanks for the replies so far. I must have the simplified version because it looks just like the one on mymopar site. It IS a fused circuit. If I remove the second fuse in labeled Brake LP power on the circuit goes away. I know for sure that one of the wires off the splice goes to that relay or buzzer pictured and another goes to the gauges. I am just trying to find out where the rest of them go without having to take apart a bunch more. The car is a A/C car if that matters.

Here, download yourself a factory shop manual...........free

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1970088617

Thanks for the tips. It turns out I had to look in a 1973 fsm diagram. That wire does go to the seatbelt warning system off of the splice.

-
Back