Wiring diagram help

-

TwistedPenta

Reaction score
I cannot figure out what this symbol is. I need to find the where the power is coming from. It is the whit wire on the bottom of the speaker looking symbol. It powers the flasher relay and the reverse light switch. Any help would be appreciated. I searched google and this forum. It's a 71 Duster. This valiant diagram matches the dusters wire colors and all.

Attachments

• image-739719717.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 215
  • image-134516188.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 218
Oops this is the half with the speaker looking symbol.

Attachments

• image-884025504.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 216
That rather poor drawing is supposed to represent the factory 2 terminal connector for the radio to dash harness.

The two orange wires are the dash dimmer controlled dash lights, and that terminal hooks to the radio dash light

Bottom terminal is power. The bottom is also used as a junction point

The Red/ tr (tracer) goes off the page to the other diagram to the fuse

the white runs off to power the reverse light circuit.

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1971/71ValiantA.JPG

http://www.mymopar.com/downloads/1971/71ValiantB.JPG

So the red w/ tracer from fuse block is the one powering the white with that goes to the firewall on to the reverse light switch

Yep. they are using that connector terminal as a junction as well as connecting power to the radio. There are many examples of this same theme

You'll find the majority of the wire colors never changed. Their routing changed quite a bit. A 67 model had the reverse lamp switch inside the cabin.
Your 71 has that switch mounted on the trans. The wiring would go through the far right member of the bulkhead connector.
Your 67 diagram would show no wires in that connector other than those to the wiper motor. Your 71 will have 2 or 3 additional wires in that connector.
Wrong diagrams can cause major headache or worse.

-
Back