wish i had never mentioned fabo calendar

-

duckbuster

Reaction score
All I mentioned was a Girls of FABO calendar. Meaning the girl is a member. I did not mean she owned a car or even posed with a Nice car. I also did not mean she had be a burnette or a blond. I have seen pretty girls in the mopar babe section under the hood of a rusted piece of junk and a pretty girl posed on the car. Now this calendar has caused a bunch yang yanging, and I read a Fabo family with the dog calendar. No thanks. I think I should be FABO FEMALE MEMBERS ONLY. If you dont like it dont buy one.

Thank you JOE, thats exactly what I'm talking about and every body is getting their feathers ruffled.

Mix women with cars and someone's gonna' get jealous.
I think it's tasteless in advertising.
Personally, the cars are usually good enough looking, they don't need someone near or on them to be any better.

If I want to look at women, I look at women, if I want to look at cars, I look at cars.
A woman on a car says that at least 2 people have little respect for the car's body work, or the body man's efforts.

Mark.

Mix women with cars and someone's gonna' get jealous.
I think it's tasteless in advertising.
Personally, the cars are usually good enough looking, they don't need someone near or on them to be any better.

If I want to look at women, I look at women, if I want to look at cars, I look at cars.
A woman on a car says that at least 2 people have little respect for the car's body work, or the body man's efforts.

Mark.

That's funny you say that Mark. The first thing I think is why you would let anybody sit on the hood of your car. Now on a Harley go right ahead. :-D

That's funny you say that Mark. The first thing I think is why you would let anybody sit on the hood of your car.

whats the big deal. its only a car. a pie of metal. if anything happens to it it can be fixed or replaced.

DSCN8947.JPG

my sentiments exactly, hoods have a tendency of oil canning when someone gets on them. I like high heels on women but on the hood makes me cringe!

whats the big deal. its only a car. a pie of metal. if anything happens to it it can be fixed or replaced./quote]

I guess it's because my car is the only thing I have and it doesn't disrespect me like the rest of the family. I know the hard work that goes into it and they could care less. Plus with work being scarce I can't afford more paint. Maybe i'm just turning into an old fart. :-D

whats the big deal. its only a car. a pie of metal. if anything happens to it it can be fixed or replaced.

Tell me that if you decide to restore it and can't find straight panels.
An butt, elbow, knee or other human body parts on a hood, 1/4, or roof does some serious flexing.
Personally, if I were needing to have to do bodywork, or get it fixed, I prefer to not have to do it because some fool thought a vehicle was prettier with a wench lounging around on it.

It's akin to putting an engine in a gal's car, then have her go do burnouts in some motel parking lot afterwards.
Nothing says "Thank You" like abusing something you put gratuitous work into.

Mark.

my sentiments exactly, hoods have a tendency of oil canning when someone gets on them. I like high heels on women but on the hood makes me cringe!
Same here 70dart 8) I have told folks to not lean there 200 lbs elbows in the middle of my fender :angry7:

Maybe i'm just turning into an old fart. :-D[/QUOTE]

And what's wrong with that??? lol

All I mentioned was a Girls of FABO calendar. Meaning the girl is a member. I did not mean she owned a car or even posed with a Nice car. I also did not mean she had be a burnette or a blond. I have seen pretty girls in the mopar babe section under the hood of a rusted piece of junk and a pretty girl posed on the car. Now this calendar has caused a bunch yang yanging, and I read a Fabo family with the dog calendar. No thanks. I think I should be FABO FEMALE MEMBERS ONLY. If you dont like it dont buy one.

My point is we only have 3 or 4 female members that are interested. What are you going to do about the other 8 months in the year ?

Also if you dont lime my suggestion that is fine. Feel free to make your own calender but leave the fabo name off of it.

Tell me that if you decide to restore it and can't find straight panels.
An butt, elbow, knee or other human body parts on a hood, 1/4, or roof does some serious flexing.
Personally, if I were needing to have to do bodywork, or get it fixed, I prefer to not have to do it because some fool thought a vehicle was prettier with a wench lounging around on it.

It's akin to putting an engine in a gal's car, then have her go do burnouts in some motel parking lot afterwards.
Nothing says "Thank You" like abusing something you put gratuitous work into.

Mark.

its only a car man. meant to be driven and beat the hell out of. its going to get chips,dings and scratches in it by driving it. if it ever gets to the point that i freak out if someone (that i know) sits on my hood then its time to sell the car and find another hobby.

and who ever said the girl in the calendar needed to be sitting on the hood anyway? you guys assume way too much.

i say axe the entire idea because no matter what way its done it will piss some one off. you guys (not any one person) turned something so easy into a total mess.

Im gonna do a 12 month calender with nothing but pictures of Joes car.

Yes, I agree it's getting messy BUT there are a lot of opinions to consider and legalities that must be addressed in order to cover FABO and the members. Unfortunately, there are a lot more steps to it than simply smiling pretty for the camera. Everyone relax.... the mods will make the best decision for the FABO board, even if it means canning the whole idea.

Mark.

Some butts more so than others! LOL

How about instead of creating a calendar limited to just 12 photos, someone offers up the software for purchase that allows you to make your own out of whatever photos you want?? Something that lets you pull FABO clip art to attach maybe. Just thinking out loud & always looking for a solution.

lol.. can we use close ups of the rust and rubber plastered up the quarters?

Hey that’s a thought! Do a calendar of un-finished cars. Every calendar I have ever seen weas either rusted out field cars or shiny finished beauties. How about somewhere in-between?

-
Back