Wondering if anyone has purchased these wheels

-
I can tell you I just bought a set of the mopar cop wheels from them and had them painted to find out my dog dish caps wont snap on them. Hindsight I should've made sure they snapped on correctly before I painted them so I could've ground or filed a better lip on the wheel to catch the center cap.

I can tell you I just bought a set of the mopar cop wheels from them and had them painted to find out my dog dish caps wont snap on them. Hindsight I should've made sure they snapped on correctly before I painted them so I could've ground or filed a better lip on the wheel to catch the center cap.

Yep, that confirms the reviews as well. Also about painting them.. Did you sandblast them or something else prior to painting?

have them on our dart.. doggies fit fine.. if they were going to fall off they would have done so by now with the shitty roads around here.

i went with 4.5" backspace instead of the crappy 4.25 backspace they are standard with.. if i did it again i'd go 4.75 backspace.

rims 1.jpg

rims 2.jpg

yea i'm 225/60-15 all the way around...

as far as painting goes we scuffed the black stuff they came in then sprayed with epoxy primer then base coat then clear coat..

I've got them on the back of my 68 (I've got stock ones on front). The ones I ordered from WV are 15 x 8 with custom backspacing. As did someone else, I stupidly painted mine before testing to see if my dog dishes fit. They did not. You can definitely tell the 'lugs' on the stockers are clearly deeper and do a better job of holding on the cap. The lugs on the WV wheels barely have an indent and caps jump off if you look at them wrong. I ended up grinding and welding the lugs to match the lugs on the stock wheels. It was a little bit of work, but they work fine now.

On the bright side, my custom backspacing was spot on and the wheels had very little run out.

Picture0609172116_1.jpg

Yep, that confirms the reviews as well. Also about painting them.. Did you sandblast them or something else prior to painting?

I ordered mine bare finish. Rears are 15x10 7.5 BS (stock length a body 8-3/4 minitubbed and springs relocated) and fronts are 15X5 with a 3" BS (clear wilwood 4 pistons easily)

I have a set on both my b bodies. Dogdish do not fit and I exchanged 2 of the recent ones with Summit due to a hop in the rim which looked like an out of round register. The third still had a hop but I told them to do what they can. It seems to ride fine. Quality is meh.

I have them on my 69 Dart. 15x6 in front, 15x7 in back with a 4 1/4 backspace. With a 245/60/15 rear tires. Dog dishes fit fine. That coating they put on sucks.

I'm wondering if at some point they changed the design of the center section with respect to the lugs that hole the caps on.

Thanks everyone for your input. Its interesting about the issues with the dog dishes how some have not had any problems, but others have..

Like said, as long as I check fitment prior to painting and weld/grind as necessary it should not be a problem.

I just tried to order a set of 15's from a guy up here ( BC Canada) then asked him about them after I read this thread. Apparently they ( Wheel Vintiques) told him they are having issues with their wheels with the dog dish caps so we cancelled the order. Anyone know of any other suppliers ?

well that sucks.. wonder what changed. our doggies have been on WV wheels for 2 or 3 years now and they have never fell off..

I've got them on the back of my 68 (I've got stock ones on front). The ones I ordered from WV are 15 x 8 with custom backspacing. As did someone else, I stupidly painted mine before testing to see if my dog dishes fit. They did not. You can definitely tell the 'lugs' on the stockers are clearly deeper and do a better job of holding on the cap. The lugs on the WV wheels barely have an indent and caps jump off if you look at them wrong. I ended up grinding and welding the lugs to match the lugs on the stock wheels. It was a little bit of work, but they work fine now.

On the bright side, my custom backspacing was spot on and the wheels had very little run out.

View attachment 1715097286
I see a 66 Dart peeking out from the garage. Nice 68!

Talked to the guy I ordered the steelies from and he called WV, and they said they are having fit problems with the dish caps , so I cancelled the order for now. Thinking about American 5 spokes with the redlines , that way I would have the steelies and caps I have now ( 14") with blackwalls or raised white letters or the redlines with 5 spokes.

the WV wheels won't balance? do the guys balancing them know what the hell they are doing? mine took minimal weight to balance.. and i only had weights put on the inside.
Just passing on info , maybe they're not consistent? As I mentioned in the comment before my last one I had trouble with the steel wheels I got from them for a hot rod as well.

Just passing on info , maybe they're not consistent? As I mentioned in the comment before my last one I had trouble with the steel wheels I got from them for a hot rod as well.

so its not first hand experience? just what that shop told you? is that the wrong address or is their site dead?

-
Back