wood heat

-
No, no hydraulics. Wood warms you three times:

1. When you're getting
2. When you're splitting
3. When you're sitting by your fire

4....Carrying it in from the woodpile

5....Carrying out the ashes.....

11 years as a National Fireplace Institute certified installer for wood, pellet, and gas and I absolutely love my Quadra-Fire 3100 wood stove

Going on 29 years for me. WHERF certified, NFI certified, NCSG certified, OCSA certified, State Firemarshal Master Fitters license, Contractors license. I'm tired of it, but too dumb to do anything else.

Yep, love my wood stove too. And my pellet stove and my gas fireplace. But I heat mostly with my ductless heat pump!

Going on 29 years for me. WHERF certified, NFI certified, NCSG certified, OCSA certified, State Firemarshal Master Fitters license, Contractors license. I'm tired of it, but too dumb to do anything else.

Yep, love my wood stove too. And my pellet stove and my gas fireplace. But I heat mostly with my ductless heat pump!

like the wood heat, not my only heat source tho. at 69, I just split enough at one time, for the week now. :coffee2:

My house is a 1977, it's got 14 foot vaulted ceiling in the living room with big windows and BASEBOARD heaters. 2300 square feet, it's crazy expensive to run those heaters. Our next place will have a heat pump, we've paid to have the power put in properly on our property, this meant buying our own transformer, but it will be able to handle the start up surge of those pumps. Got my wood stacked, one of the cords doesn't seem fully seasoned, want to test it with a meter but don't have one.

Attachments

• IMAG00556.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 114
i have seen a few pellet stoves in action. I do like the concept. but like anything, I have to wonder when the costs of the pellets will go the way of gas at the pump, generally up up up!? I saw new pellets stoves advertised at $1200 and 1600 in the shopper. ( if its not in the local shopper paper, ya don't need it!?).... they make a lot of pellets right here locally.
I can see myself getting too old and f----- up to do word forever, but I do feel it is good exercise.
the outside wood furnace was being adv. as get yours now BEFORE the new EPA chit goes into effect! ha ... they make them locally. probably now being required to add some sort of anti pollution smokestack!??????ha
on the conctete poard, the airspace behind it is probably the key. I will use that method WHEN I get heat in my garage going up. that tile will be pretty "high end" !!??? ha

I heat the house and shop with wood, Big old air tight in the house smaller one in the shop, i go through bout 5 bush cords a year,love the heat!!

i have seen a few pellet stoves in action. I do like the concept. but like anything, I have to wonder when the costs of the pellets will go the way of gas at the pump, generally up up up!? I saw new pellets stoves advertised at $1200 and 1600 in the shopper. ( if its not in the local shopper paper, ya don't need it!?).... they make a lot of pellets right here locally.
I can see myself getting too old and f----- up to do word forever, but I do feel it is good exercise.
the outside wood furnace was being adv. as get yours now BEFORE the new EPA chit goes into effect! ha ... they make them locally. probably now being required to add some sort of anti pollution smokestack!??????ha
on the conctete poard, the airspace behind it is probably the key. I will use that method WHEN I get heat in my garage going up. that tile will be pretty "high end" !!??? ha

Pellet stoves are a neat idea. Load it and forget it. Problem is ya have to have a dry place to store all those pellets, a lot of places around here would only sell you pellets if you bought your stove from them. Pellet prices go up with gas prices. It relays on electric and circuit boards. Few years ago there was a pellet shortage. Something goes wrong in the stove you have to wait for parts and maybe someone to come out and fix it.

A bunch of towns already outlawed those back yard boilers. Too many Low hanging smoke complaints.

Loved it in my other house !! Kids never liked all the work LOL !!
pets001.jpg

-
Back