Woohoo! 1st is class 1st time out...

-

70Duster440

Reaction score
Got her done literally an hour before the first showing. Out of a field of 300+ cars we managed to take 1st in our class (Domestic 70's - Modified - 1970-1979). A pleasant surprise for a non-mopar show!

I need nap now.

CCparade.jpg

WOW that is one nice lookin car you got there, I would love to own anything half as nice as that! Congratulations on your 1st place there :). That sure is a neat car.

Preston, words are just not enough... I am speechless... is that your son sitting besides you? Now how proud is that kid of his father?
3000 pics please and more!
Oh how is the handling? With the anti-sway bar I mean... will it stay on the car or will it go (I am guessing it will stay LOL)

Thanks guys. There was a parade last night. The pics below are from the tail end of that. My camera crapped out so I don't have any pics from the show event today. I'll see if any turn up from friends. My 15 year old daughter and wife got into the spirit too.

Prodart340: The Fatman spindles are great. After I got all the sheetmetal on and after it was aligned I ended up dialing the torsion bars up farther than I had planned originally to gain a little more front tire clearance. So, I lost a little of the stance I was going for and have to get it realigned, but I'm happy with them.

vkarapanos: Thanks man. Yeah, that's my son riding shotgun. He got quite a charge out of the experience so that was really the payoff for me. He's already asking what the next project will be. The sway bar is fine. I'll give it some more time. Overall the suspension is pretty stiff - which is okay.

parade01.jpg

parade02.jpg

parade04.jpg

great looking car!! where was the show? whats your wheel and tire combo, any suspension tweeks to get them to fit? LOOKS GREAT!

WOW! I'm either real happy or I dropped a 5 pound chub of bologna in my pants!:cheers:

Congrats on 1st place and one nice looking Duster!! Very cool to see the whole family into your passion, you're a lucky man. Love the families Mopar tees tooo thats awesome:cheers:Love the stance your car has cruising down the street in that pic!! Oh yeah and extra congrats on kickin *** on the other brand X muscle cars.

Man,that car looks very awsome=P~=P~. Congrats on your first place finish AND a job very well done!!!

John

Outstanding!! Definite gonzo congrats on the package. Now that you've got the first place thing behind you, you can forget about what a pain in the *** it was at times. Beautiful car.

The pic of you & your son in the parade pretty much says it all. Your son waving at the crowd and you with a big smile on your face. Man, that must have felt great. Congratulations!

Your car is a what I want. What kind of color and paint is that?

Excellent. All the hard work and skinned knuckles paid off in the pride of winning, and the enjoyment you and the family are getting from the car. That first photo is a memory your son will never forget. Kudos.

Congrats, but I am not surprised. You did an awesome job on every aspect of the Duster and it shows. Thanks for the link on the build as well, it has really helped my son and I on our build of his 70 Dart. Great job again!!!

-
Back