WOOHOO getting a promotion!!

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Found out today that I made the E-6 list. Apparently the Army still has the automatic promotion program going. If you have a certain amount of years in service you get the minimum amount of points to be promoted to the next grade. Well the minimm points for all career fields is 14. Well just happens that to make E-6 as an EOD tech you need 14 points. Your command has the ability to stop auto promotions but my command wants to see me progress so they didn't do the paper work to stop it. I am so stoked right now. Nothing like getting promoted twice in 14 months. Plus it is $650+ a month raise. I am floating on cloud nine right now. Sorry I just had to tell somebody.

Thats great
Thank you for your service.

Congrats Corey, keep your head down and come home safely.

Congrats on the promotion, and thank you for your service. Are you deployed or stationed here somewhere? In about 3 weeks, most of our family is traveling to Ft. Leonard Wood to see our 19 year old nephew graduate from Boot Camp.

Congrats on the promotion, and thank you for your service. Are you deployed or stationed here somewhere? In about 3 weeks, most of our family is traveling to Ft. Leonard Wood to see our 19 year old nephew graduate from Boot Camp.

I am currently in Iraq.

Oh I see you are in NC. My home station is Fort Bragg.

Congrats. I used to hang out with a bunch of EOD guys when I was in the Navy. They were the bomb hanging kind. Crazy bunch.

This is the best news of the day!

For those members who aren't familiar, it's unusual to be promoted to E-6 that fast. Corey we thank you for putting yourself in harm's way and your expertise in handling deadly explosives.

Yeah it came as a total shocker. I wasn't expecting to even be allowed to go to the promotion board until a few months after we got back. Now I don't have to worry about that. I can just focus on spending time with the family. This will make the Disney trip so much sweeter.

Congratulations Corey :blob::blob:
and again thank you :brave: for all you do, and top notch at it at that :thumleft:
This is great news to see first thing this day :coffee2: You and your lovely wife will put it to good use raising your family :color:

Congratulations on the raise,you guys deserve it.Now you dream about how to spend it,lol. :mrgreen:

Very awesome news Corey!!! Just think of all that extra scratch you can toss at the SST now. :-D We're all very proud of you kiddo -- keep up the great work, and thanks for your service.

Found out today that I made the E-6 list. Apparently the Army still has the automatic promotion program going. If you have a certain amount of years in service you get the minimum amount of points to be promoted to the next grade. Well the minimm points for all career fields is 14. Well just happens that to make E-6 as an EOD tech you need 14 points. Your command has the ability to stop auto promotions but my command wants to see me progress so they didn't do the paper work to stop it. I am so stoked right now. Nothing like getting promoted twice in 14 months. Plus it is $650+ a month raise. I am floating on cloud nine right now. Sorry I just had to tell somebody.

thank you for your service........... you dont get paid enough!

Thanks guys. It has been long over due. I hae never been in trouble I just made enemies with a First Sergeant and it stalled my career. Glad to be getting back on track now. Plus now I can really throw some extra cash at the pickem up truck.

Congrats, dusted! More than earned! And again, thanks to you and all your buds for your service and keeping our way of life safe.
Hurry home!

I just did some figuring and my paycheck will actually go up $738 a month before taxes and only a small portion of that is taxable as out insentive pays are taxable. Plus a month later it goes up another $150 when I hit my 5 year mark in EOD for a total raise of $888 a month.

-
Back