words that irk me

-
In construction, I have known guys that use and fuckin frequently. It sounds so ignorant.
Over here at this wall, you need to run a row of blocks and fuckin at 28 inches to center......and fuckin six feet and down for the cabinet mounts and fuckin A-34 brackets at all 4 corners.
WHAT does And fuckin add to the sentence ???
emphasis!!!

emphasis!!!

1988404-Spencer-W-Kimball-Quote-Profanity-is-the-effort-of-a-feeble-brain.jpg

In construction, I have known guys that use and fuckin frequently. It sounds so ignorant.
Over here at this wall, you need to run a row of blocks and fuckin at 28 inches to center......and fuckin six feet and down for the cabinet mounts and fuckin A-34 brackets at all 4 corners.
Now that I think about it. That word is way over used on the construction site. By everyone. Still haven’t figured out what sex has to do with any of it.

I hate the Moving Forward movement.

I started a new job in March, thinking I could cleanse my mouth by leaving the pirate talking employer I did. I found out that kids are worse than ever, from 18 to 30 they make me look like a saint! I find it funny that I used to swear a lot, even got an inscription in my yearbook about dropping the F bomb every other word, and now I'm shocked by the amount of swearing people do today.

Gotta love getting old, and I'm only 46.
And the girls are just as bad if not worse

Force of habit

When someone says “To honest with you ….” Are you implying you lie to people most of the time??

Last edited:
It makes you sound all manly:D
It's expected on a construction site but I was cringing when a fellow worker was talking to a young woman from the general contractor was on site. F bomb was coming out every other word, and she was just smiling the whole time. Some guys don`t realize their doing it. Worse is going with a crew to lunch in a restaurant and the F bombs go flying.
Embarrassing, some guys just don`t have any couth.
I was bad when young but trained myself control.

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::rofl::poke:

"Tranny" for transmission and "dizzy" for distributor.

My big one lately is "person or people of color". Like bein a honky somehow means you have no color at all.
I'm to sorry to type distributor. However, I do refer to a transmission as a Trans... not a tranny... oh wait.. duh...

It's expected on a construction site
To a degree, sure...but "and fuckin" makes no sense. At all.
"I want you to take this wall and fuckin frame in an opening for the fire extinguisher and fuckin make it 12" x 22", and fuckin......"
That really is what this guy talks like. It is ignorant and pointless.
I am guilty of some verbal ticks....I start sentences with So, far more than I should.

I'm to sorry to type distributor. However, I do refer to a transmission as a Trans... not a tranny... oh wait.. duh...
I can't help but feel compelled to add....
Too is a different word than To.
They are not the same word and they are not spelled the same.
I went to the store.
Their prices were too much.
I know some people that make this mistake are far smarter than I am but this simple glitch annoys me.

I went to the store.
I know some people that make this mistake are far smarter than I am but this simple glitch annoys me.
Yep, and I also know the difference between There, their, and they're! I don't always proofread.. ol lady's in the Hospital, went earlier. No excuse for the Grammer police

It's expected on a construction site but I was cringing when a fellow worker was talking to a young woman from the general contractor was on site. F bomb was coming out every other word, and she was just smiling the whole time. Some guys don`t realize their doing it. Worse is going with a crew to lunch in a restaurant and the F bombs go flying.
Embarrassing, some guys just don`t have any couth.
I was bad when young but trained myself control.

:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::rofl::poke:
If you must use those words there is a time and place for it. My kids and grandkids have never heard me say that word no matter what.

I went to the store.
I don't think people realize their spelling sucks and totally rely on SPELLCHECK.
There their they're it'll all get fixed later in life. No it won't! Once it's engrained in you it's there for life. It's like here hear etc and the worst is yous. No such word but a lot of people use it.
NTaApGU.gif

-
Back