words that irk me

-
Yep, and I also know the difference between There, their, and they're! I don't always proofread.. ol lady's in the Hospital, went earlier. No excuse for the Grammer police
That's another one I don't like. Old lady or old man. I have too much respect for my wife or mom and dad. Sorry Ironracer.

That's another one I don't like. Old lady or old man. I have too much respect for my wife or mom and dad. Sorry Ironracer.

Is this thread still about abortion? I ain't time traveling to find out. Back on point.

I came from Harley world, where old lady was that highest form of respect. Your old man was your dad, and if you didn't respect him he was asshole or something, if you were indifferent, he was THE old man, and if reverence was involved, he was your old man, possessive. It was never a slander unless you called him old man. "What's up, old man?" Would be disrespectful.

Same for old lady. You might have a lot of ladies in your life, but only one old lady, and she is the queen. My old lady knows that, in josbunchanumbers lingo, I'm telling the world she's special, unique, and irreplaceable to me when I say, this is my old lady.

This was taught to me by a guy who once said, "the universe of jos51700 is not harmonious if the women of jos51700 are not harmonious"
(He meant wife and daughters, not multiple romantic interests)

Chris H. could be very profound at times. He was also the father of my favorite phrase, spoken to me after I asked for time off to fix my house after a tornado did some damage: "if you can't take care of your family and your property, what's the point of having a job?"

And he also taught me one of my favorite words, referring a general cold or state of illness: you got the phlegmengitis

Last edited:
I don't think people realize their spelling sucks and totally rely on SPELLCHECK.
There their they're it'll all get fixed later in life. No it won't! Once it's engrained in you it's there for life. It's like here hear etc and the worst is yous. No such word but a lot of people use it.
View attachment 1715819874
Speeln werdz koritly iznt *** empotent *** peepl thynk?? Itt doessnt mutter howe baadly ew speel a werd, know mater howe ew speel werds peeepl wil styl b abel two undrstnd whut ew-er tryng two saa. Eye haavnt speeled whone werd korecty iiin thiss phost en ew where ible two undrstnd eevrythng eye whrote!!! Zoo whuts teh piontt en speelng werds korctlly?? Teh umane braine dozzent kare ether whey!!!

Speeln werdz koritly iznt *** empotent *** peepl thynk?? Itt doessnt mutter howe baadly ew speel a werd, know mater howe ew speel werds peeepl wil styl b abel two undrstnd whut ew-er tryng two saa. Eye haavnt speeled whone werd korecty iiin thiss phost en ew where ible two undrstnd eevrythng eye whrote!!! Zoo whuts teh piontt en speelng werds korctlly?? Teh umane braine dozzent kare ether whey!!!
But I have slow down, read some stuff twice to try to decipher what you’re trying to say. And if someone uses absolutely no punctuation, and I twice need to try and figure out what they’re asking, then forget it, someone else can answer their question or offer advice.

yletulosba
When I was in school (that's a long time ago) we were taught proper English and cursive writing etc. Once taught it sticks with you. Our kids today are growing up illiterates in way because all the spelling is done automatically by phones or computer. It's the same with doing math. Calculators weren't even invented and we did a lot of calculations in our heads or worked it out on paper.
I was in store a long time ago and there was sale on and the girl actually had to use a calculator to figure out how much 10% was. I told her of course how much is was before she figured it out.

yletulosba
When I was in school (that's a long time ago) we were taught proper English and cursive writing etc. Once taught it sticks with you. Our kids today are growing up illiterates in way because all the spelling is done automatically by phones or computer. It's the same with doing math. Calculators weren't even invented and we did a lot of calculations in our heads or worked it out on paper.
I was in store a long time ago and there was sale on and the girl actually had to use a calculator to figure out how much 10% was. I told her of course how much is was before she figured it out.
I’ve noticed that with my boys to a point where I asked them didn’t you go to school. We weren’t allowed to use calculators in school couldn’t hide them they were the size of a suitcase. Do crossword and number puzzles to stay sharp

But I have slow down, read some stuff twice to try to decipher what you’re trying to say. And if someone uses absolutely no punctuation, and I twice need to try and figure out what they’re asking, then forget it, someone else can answer their question or offer advice.
Viree truue.........butt, mahny peepl reed slo enywhey!!

The no punctuation usually comes from using the microphone on your phone, one complete run-on sentence. It's like "take a breath dude!"

And someone must have taught a lot of people to put an apostrophe before every S which is annoying to me.
Car's, street's, door's, bed's, sock's....(you get the picture!)

"Irk" is quite Irksome....

:rofl:

upload_2021-11-14_10-9-55.png

There was a member of FCBO who recently passed away who spelled like that, but clearer. It was his style, and he was a character. Nicest guy you may ever meet, help any and everyone. I'll miss seeing his quirky writing style, and his stories. RIP, Jer.

-
Back