Worked on "Eleanor" movie car yesterday.

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
This is one of the three remaining movie cars that survived the filming of gone in 60 seconds.
He had it fixed up and threw in a couple upgrades like fuel injection and racing seats with headrests.

We put some theft deterrant stuff in it with GPS tracking.

100_0751.jpg

100_0752.jpg

100_0741.jpg

100_0736.jpg

100_0733.jpg

100_0728.jpg

100_0722.jpg

100_0697.jpg

100_0731.jpg

WOW!!!! Eleanor !!! You got to work on her!!:cheers:

She is one fine ride, and all the history.:love7:

Congat's cudaspaz :cheers:

Didn't the movie car have stock gauges and a n20 switch on the gear shift?

Yes, but like I said, there were (five) movie cars.

They were not all identical inside, and whatever changes that may have taken place after the movie, I have no idea.

The guy bought this car for close to a half million bucks and did have some items changed to his liking.

Remember, some of the Phantasm movie cars had small blocks with wooden boards holding up the shaker scoops under the hood so hollywood has a knack for using different cars for different shots.

To question this guys credibility as far as the B/S factor goes, I truly believe this is the real thing.
He has several other highly collectible cars, two Apache helicopters and some other aircraft.

Yesterday, we also installed some equipment on his aston martin db-9, brand new, and his Sl-500, and S-550 Benz's.

Plus the picture he showed us of The car, himself, Nicolas Cage, Carrol Shelby and Angelina Jolie made me a believer.

The 'Eleanor' movie car didn't have an open hood scoop - had a closed 'lump' on the hood. Different hood if this is a movie car.

Very cool. I figured they may have used multiple cars and possibly even a staged interior.

very nice, one of the movie cars was in south dakota (at least for a short time) a local museum borrowed one of the elenor movie cars and had it on display,

i have to admit they are cool, even if they are blue ovals

You can buy what they call GT-500E Mustangs from the place that built the movie cars in Carrollton, which is a burb on the NW side of Dallas

The 'Eleanor' movie car didn't have an open hood scoop - had a closed 'lump' on the hood. Different hood if this is a movie car.

You are right,

The owner has the original hood under wraps in his garage.

He hated the hood because he could not see the right side of the car from the drivers seat so he found an original shelby hood and had it painted to match.

You are right,

The owner has the original hood under wraps in his garage.

He hated the hood because he could not see the right side of the car from the drivers seat so he found an original shelby hood and had it painted to match.

wow, this guy must definitly have some cash if he has money to throw around for origional shelby parts, not to mention the car itself

wow, this guy must definitly have some cash if he has money to throw around for origional shelby parts, not to mention the car itself

Yeah no kidding.

He owns several aircraft including (two) blackhawk helicopters, and bought two High end Mercedes and an aston martin within a couple months of eachother.

Yeah, I guess the jealous libs could consider him an evil rich white man.

Never cared for the 'Eleanor' hood lump - the Shelby hood looks much nicer. Even thought it's not a Mopar, I wouldn't kick it out of the garage if it was mine!

It is a small world, that car was just at my shop a few weeks ago. It never got out of the carrier though. He must a been on the way to see you. It was a green and white carrier and it was on the top shelf. Had a picture wrapped up going with it. The Aston might have came from our location.

It is a small world, that car was just at my shop a few weeks ago. It never got out of the carrier though. He must a been on the way to see you. It was a green and white carrier and it was on the top shelf. Had a picture wrapped up going with it. The Aston might have came from our location.

Which car?

He had the eleanor at his home for the past 18 months.
And he just bought the aston from Ferrari of atlanta where we worked on it.

Musta been one of the other 3 remaining then? Pretty Ironic too that I work at a high end dealer that sells ans services Aston Martins. BTW we took delivery of a new DBS today and it is awesome, had a Ferrari 430 Scuderia yesterday that was cool too.

Musta been one of the other 3 remaining then? Pretty Ironic too that I work at a high end dealer that sells ans services Aston Martins. BTW we took delivery of a new DBS today and it is awesome, had a Ferrari 430 Scuderia yesterday that was cool too.

Cool,

Are you a tech at the dealership?

It was funny because this guy, being a billiuonaire is just like one of the guys joking around, talking guns and cars, and chicks.

He said he had the db-9 out and some real pretty girl in her early 30's said she'd do just about anything to ride in a car like that, and all he could see after he invisioned the scenario was his wife signing the divorce papers so he kinda jumbled his words and said maybe another time. LOL!

Yeah, I am a tech. My speciality at the shop is SAAB, but I get to see some pretty intense machines as we sell and service a whole bunch of European cars. Check out the web site. www.magcars.com

-
Back