Workers at Dodge Dart plant admit to drinking on the job

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DA69RT GT

South Florida Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
If your new 2013 Dart smells like a bar inside... you may want to check for missing nuts and bolts that were left off as it rolled off the production line:

Workers at Dodge Dart plant admit to drinking on the job

Chrysler’s plant workers are at it again. Following three previous incidents of drinking on the job, another Chrysler factory worker has admitted to boozing on the clock.

Brian D. Ahlert, a 41-year-old plant worker at Chrysler’s Belvidere, Illinois factory, was pulled over on Saturday at about 8pm just outside of Janesville, Wisconsin on suspicion of drunk driving. Authorities had received several calls that Ahlert’s green, 1995 Chevrolet Lumina was “all over the road”, and when police finally caught up with him he was doing 40mph in a 55mph zone.

Ahlert was clearly intoxicated and told the police that he had been drinking all day while working at Chrysler’s Belvidere plant, which produces Dodge’s all-new – and highly important – Dart compact. Police charged Ahlert for driving under the influence, as well as operating after revocation, open intoxicants in a motor vehicle and unsafe lane deviation.

Amazingly, Ahlert’s latest offense was his fifth DUI, according to the Janesville Gazette.

Chrysler has yet to comment on the incident, but Ahlert’s job is undoubtedly in jeopardy. Chrysler fired 13 employees after the first incident of drinking on the job, and the automaker isn’t likely to go easier after the fourth offense. Be sure to check back for more on this developing story.

Link:
http://www.dartforums.com/forum/9-d...ker-dodge-dart-plant-admits-drinking-job.html

That nothing new for Dodge workers.....A guy restoring a 1968 Charger found a half of a 1968 dated bottle of whisky stuffed into the quarter panel window area where it had interfered with being able to roll the window all the way down for thirty years! Presumably, some assembly line worker had to stash the bottle quickly and it stayed sealed behind the side panel as the car moved down the line! :glasses7:

I found a PBR can in the fender of my 69 GTS when I first took it apart in 1979. I had noticed a rattle in the drivers fender area since I bought the car in June of 78. I also found a cigarette butt in the oil pan when I took the engine apart. I am pretty sure both of them were there from new, pretty hard to get a can in there without crushing it, but you could probably get a cigarette butt in oil pan a couple of ways, but it was about half smoked! Chrysler is not the only car manufacturer to have issues with drinking or drugs in thier plants. I have talked with several friends who worked at the Belividere plant for over 30 years and you would be suprised what went on back then...

I actually used to work at that plant, also being from Janesville. They have a "security" team that actually moniters the parking lot while on lunch to see if people sneak out to have a sip.... they have a "closed" campus lunch policy due to such a high use of drugs and alcohol... I also live less than a block away from a "shuttered" GM plant... there is a BAR in their parking lot... that plant closed in 2008. You should have seen the amount of drug busts at the GM plant in Janesville in the mid to late 90's.

Cool! Just like old times! Maybe there's hope for this car after all.

This is the sort of thing that gives American labor a bad name. It also undermines what may be a good design. Hey UAW, final assembly should be completed at the factory, not the dealer (or a restoration shop 25 yrs or so later.).

"Union Pride, Union Strong." WTF ever...

Riiiiiiight. It's the union's fault for sure that he has prior dui charges as well. They probably force him to drink on the job as well.

Good grief....

I had a buddy that work at a Ford plant he said they used to get loaded and put all sorts of **** in areas to cause noise than LTFAO.

as I understand it they are implementing a new drug and alcohol testing procedure
anyone found to be clean and sober will be docked a day's pay

I found an antique Zippo and half a pack of smokes inside the dash of my '72 Demon. Looked like they had been there since the day the car was built.

I wasn't brave enough to light up a 35+ year old cig, but I kept the zippo, those things are cool.

Come on now, who hasn't ever been drunk while at there job? Maybe not drunk but strung out on pain killers? 12 Vicodin, 4 Percacet and 3 MG of Xanax was about what I was normally on while at the Post Office.....anything less and my co-workers and bosses were going to have a rough night.......

Interesting. Supposedly well paid although thirsty dodge worker is driving a 1995 lumina. I suspect a sting operation and he could have been planted by this lover of American automobile workers and the auto industry in general.

Attachments

• President_Official_Portrait_HiRes.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 341
Interesting. Supposedly well paid although thirsty dodge worker is driving a 1995 lumina. I suspect a sting operation and he could have been planted by this lover of American automobile workers and the auto industry in general.

Is that a family member portrait?

Attachments

• President_Official_Portrait_HiRes.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 344
That nothing new for Dodge workers.....A guy restoring a 1968 Charger found a half of a 1968 dated bottle of whisky stuffed into the quarter panel window area where it had interfered with being able to roll the window all the way down for thirty years! Presumably, some assembly line worker had to stash the bottle quickly and it stayed sealed behind the side panel as the car moved down the line! :glasses7:

That was actually a '69 225 Slant six Charger. :D Well, albiet, it doesn't surprise me that after almost 45 years nothing has changed.

If I had to be in a plant making a car that ugly I would be drinking to.

I don't know about anywhere else but, He would have lost his license before the third dui :sign3:........................ I will admit back in the day a few snorts at the supply shack on Friday happened and it was not up my nose, it was strait out of the bottle.........:drinkers::drinkers:
A new Job opening :blob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back