Would a late 60's Valiant front look...

-

dusted72

Thanks Hemiroid!!!!
Reaction score
Would a late 60's Valiant front end look completely goofy on a 72 Duster. Kinda look like a 68ish Duster if Plymouth ever made one? Just wandering I have access to all the stuff to do it at a good price.

I'm not sure the body lines would line up. Dusters have a ridge in the door down low and Late 60's Valiant's have smooth doors that run into the fenders smooth. Unless you could cut up a fender from the duster and weld it to the Valiant fender so it looks good.

But hey if you do it it would be one of a kind, and kinda cool looking>

You could have a Liscence plate that 6X Duster, and you can bet it won't be taken.

The white one in this picture has the same body lines as the Duster below it.

A Day at the Junk Yard 112.jpg

A Day at the Junk Yard 003.jpg

Dam I had a 68 too, and I didn't think it had the same lines.

Dam I say bolt it on and have a unique Mopar.

I think I might try some photo shopping to see what it would look like. I think it would definitely be different.

Do it! Be different. You will definitely get some weird looks from the Mopar guys. LOL

Other than the grille and the side markers they are pretty much the same.So no it would not look funny or out of place.Now a 68 Barracuda frontend on a 72 Duster thats different.
Jim

YES, all the lines will line up and everything will bolt up if you are sticking to 73 or earlier Duster. If you go 74 up with the shock mounted bumpers the very bottom bolt hole on the front side of the fender that is by the headlight will be 1 1/2 inches too low. You will have to drill a new hole to fasten it. Every other bolt will line up. I once put a 76 Duster front clip on a 68 Valiant and it worked. I have seen a Duster with a 68 Valiant clip on it. It looked cool but also looked strange at the same time.
Chas.

68 Valiant has same fender lines as a Duster, hood and grill different, i have seen one Duster done with the 68 Valiant hood and grille looked good! only minor concern would be using 68 Valiant fenders they eigther have no sidemarkers of round sidemakers instead of the 70-71 resessed recangular sidemakers.

Lets set the record straight on Valiants and Dusters. Essentially the fenders are the same on both cars from 67 to 76. As Durstya noted and true the only difference is in the marker lights. I have heard some mention about the headlights mounting in a slightly different location on some years but by example I had a 69 Valiant with 76 Duster fenders on it and the stock 69 grille and bezels fit perfect. On the front ends of these cars the differnce is the hood lock metal panel with the spring on it, the filler panel along the bottom of the grille, the grille, filler panel between the two grille sides, and the hood. Even the front bumper will interchange on the bumper mounts from 67 to 72. In fact if you look at a Valiant as a for instance both front and rear bumpers from a 69 Valiant will bolt right on and fit perfect on a 72 Duster. Remember the first year Duster was called Valiant Duster and both Dusters and Valiants share the same wheel base until 1974 when they changed to the Dart platform. Enough know it all rabble from the 'old guy'!!!
Chas.

Ok I was just wandering if it was possible and if it would look funny. I understand what it would take to do the swap.

Ok I was just wandering if it was possible and if it would look funny. I understand what it would take to do the swap.

No. Cool idea. Black out the center of the aluminum grille panels. It might have been what the Barracuda would have looked like if it had stayed on the A-body for 1970.

-
Back