Would any of you guys be interested in...?

-
340mopar said:
It wouldn't be worth your time and effort to do this? How about the fact you are selling Layson's items and receive a salary from them. Then you want to receive a salary from us? Being you are a Layson's employee as everything to do with it. You are double dipping a salary. You want to have your cake and eat it too. It is marketing strategy so call it what it is, which is fine. Just don't try to make us feel like you are doing us a favor because your not. Remember your quote about not being worth your time to do this if you didn't get any money for it. Money is your only motivation per your quote. If I was in your shoes I would do it at no charge because it would not cost me (or you) anything to do this (being payed by Layson's). I'll think I will pass for two reasons, (1) Layson's customer service is horrible, and I mean consitently, (2) you are just doing this to line your pockets. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with making a little money but you are not being honest with us by trying to grease us (just like Layson's does) and I can't stand that for any amount of money saving.

I can't believe after the problems I hear from you guys about Layson's that you are considering this, but if you do and any of you guys have trouble with this, I live in Washington also so if you need someone to get face to face. Give me a buzz.

Chuck

HUTCH is offering a break on the price(lower than other resellers),has disclosed his situation, has cleared it with his boss, has told us that he wants to make some profit, and you still *****!? Go live in Siberia. This is the USA as I last remember, running on Capitalism.

And if you would do it at no charge, then do us all a favor and do it.

340mopar said:
It wouldn't be worth your time and effort to do this? How about the fact you are selling Layson's items and receive a salary from them. Then you want to receive a salary from us? Being you are a Layson's employee as everything to do with it. You are double dipping a salary. You want to have your cake and eat it too. It is marketing strategy so call it what it is, which is fine. Just don't try to make us feel like you are doing us a favor because your not. Remember your quote about not being worth your time to do this if you didn't get any money for it. Money is your only motivation per your quote. If I was in your shoes I would do it at no charge because it would not cost me (or you) anything to do this (being payed by Layson's). I'll think I will pass for two reasons, (1) Layson's customer service is horrible, and I mean consitently, (2) you are just doing this to line your pockets. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with making a little money but you are not being honest with us by trying to grease us (just like Layson's does) and I can't stand that for any amount of money saving.

I can't believe after the problems I hear from you guys about Layson's that you are considering this, but if you do and any of you guys have trouble with this, I live in Washington also so if you need someone to get face to face. Give me a buzz.

Chuck

So let me get this straight.........

You think I should work my job for my regular hourly wages(I don't know where you get the idea I get paid a salary!?), buy these parts at a discount, then turn around and package them up and send them to you for exactly what I had to pay for them?

What kind of business are you in? Do you do whatever it is you do for free?

My motovation for this deal is just this.....I love Mopars. I like to see cars at car shows with nice looking parts. Layson's has some nice looking parts. I would like to help people get nice looking parts. I would like to help people get nice looking parts without hassles. I would like to help people get nice looking parts at a good price.

Is there something wrong with my logic???

Please keep in mind my job at Layson's is double-checking orders for accuracy and getting them packaged up and out the door...my job does not involve sales in any way, shape, or form, so I don't know where you come up with the idea I am "double-dipping".

I would appreciate your input on this, "face-to-face" or "otherwise"...........would you like me to pm you my address?

Now....with that said, I am going to go get some things done in order to make this happen.

Alot has been said here about the poor service Layson's has provided to the customers and has been pointed at Hutchfish. To blame one individual which we do not know isn't quite fair in my opinion. The reason I can say this is because I know first hand what it is to be stuck working for a place that provides poor customer service. The last place I worked at was just like that after new owners took over. I dreaded every last frigging minute I worked there because everytime I walked into a customers place I could easily get blamed for something another mechanic or salesman screwed up. I'm glad I don't work there anymore. The $20+ an hour was nice but the *** chewings for somebody elses screw up wasn't.

That being said. Did you get my last e-mail Rick about the lenses? If so I'm in no hurry and you can just figure them into the group buy here if enough people want them. Tracy

Just my 2 cents worth... I have met the owner twice over the years at large car shows. He is arrogant, money hungry and has a god complex. He totally ignores women in the hobby and thinks that they know nothing, just ask my wife.... His idea for reproducing these parts was a good idea but he has lost a large base of customers due to their lousy customer service, attitudes and word of mouth. He is not John Deere, just another repop company that has the Barrett-Jackson fever and is planning to retire to the Bahamas or wherever... Remember, these people that actually fix these cars are normal working class people that have a job, family and bills. The amount of people out there that are actually "restoring" cars for a living are few and starving themselves now. That is part of the reason that so many of us are fixing our cars ourselves. Most of us have one car that we are trying to fix. The greed is getting out of hand and sooner or later the bottom will drop out or only rich people will have these cars. There is one thing that I have learned over the years, is Greed will always do you in. Once your reputation is gone, you can't replace it. His is gone. Thanks.

I remember when the EVBC Mailing List general attitude was Layson's was good, suppor them, don't support some others like Jim's auto parts. Now a few years later it's turned the other way! Too funny! Same goes with FMMPAR (Frank Mitchell). People say he was a disaster, but now he is gone and his son or someone is running the show and he's quite reliable.

I will only buy from Laysons when I see them at Carlisle or somewhere, with parts in hand. Same goes for any representative, employee, friend, broker, backdoor vendor or reseller. I shouldn't even be in this thread! Get me outta here...! :)

I think it is really nice what youre trying to do. I have no problem with you making a little money on this, afterall you are the one doing the leg work. I too would be interested in the rubber set as I am putting my 72 Duster together. Thank you very much for your hard work.

Well, I am in the middle of two 68 Barracuda restorations and I am interested in jumping into a group buy for many of the parts you orginally listed in your first post. I will keep an eye on this post for sure.

Stormin

i agree. i will buy the parts IN HAND at spring fling if they are there. i refuse to place hope on the table again after EVERY transaction was a bad experience. the catalog and web both had different $ and was charged more than either one since" a new price change went into effect". i paid more for some parts from competitors, but i got what i ordered in a timely fashion, no BS to deal with at all. you are noble for trying this but, thanks but no thanks.

Put me down as a possible on the rubber kit for my Duster, depending on price.

Time "is" money. That said I'm in no hurry, so if waiting for more participants save me money, that's fine. I think you should also make some money for your time and effort, assuming it is worth it for EVERYONE involved. We'll see...

hutchfish,
You say quote "I would like to help people get nice looking parts without hassels."

So are you saying you cant get parts from laysons without a hassle?

Then you go on to say your job is to double check orders for accuracy and getting them packaged and out the door.

I dont know,maybe your department is the reason for the hassles.

Then you say you would like to help people get nice looking parts at a "good price".

Sorry,there is no such thing as a "good price" at laysons.

This whole thread of yours sounds just a tad bit hokey.

Johnny Dart said:
hutchfish,
You say quote "I would like to help people get nice looking parts without hassels."

So are you saying you cant get parts from laysons without a hassle?

Then you go on to say your job is to double check orders for accuracy and getting them packaged and out the door.

I dont know,maybe your department is the reason for the hassles.

Then you say you would like to help people get nice looking parts at a "good price".

Sorry,there is no such thing as a "good price" at laysons.

This whole thread of yours sounds just a tad bit hokey.

Well Johnny Dart, the general consesus among a fair share of the board members here, and the public in general, think getting parts from Layson's can at times be a hassle. But did I say that was always the case???? I don't think so, please review my previous posts again.

I can most honestly say that the warehouse operations are not the cause of delayed deliveries, so your assumption that you don't know is true. When I double-check an order, I make sure the parts being sent out are right for the customer's car. You wouldn't want to receive B-body sill plates if you owned an A-body would you? I also check to make sure the quantity of parts pulled matches the customer's invoice sheet, along with making sure the customer didn't get overcharged for a part. I can't begin to count the number of times I caught a mistake in the amount a customer was over-charged for a part. I do whatever needs to be done to get it fixed. All because I care and I've been on the other end myself.

Just as there is no "good price" at Layson's, there's no good price for these parts at any other vendor either......sorry. I, along with a considerable number of other people, feel the prices for parts nowadays are somewhat ridiculus no matter where they come from. The demand for parts coupled with the supply dictates price no matter who the vendor is. If there is anything you can do to bring prices down, I'm sure there's a lot of people who would be more than glad. You got any suggestions???????

You have the right to think whatever you want about this thread, that's the great thing about living in America.

NOTICE TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

If you guys think this is all hogwash, please let me know now before I go any further trying to get this deal set up. I can drop the whole thing now, none of you have sent me any money, nor have I requested funds from anyone. No one is out anything, myself included. If you guys don't think this is worth it, I'm not going to take the financial risk.

But if you think this can be a good thing.........

I'll leave it up to you all to let me know one way or the other.

Hey Hutchfish,
I don't know you from a hole in the ground and I have never dealt with Layson's. So I have no opinion on either subject. I do know about your deals on the other board with the gas caps. I saw no real complaints.
There are going to be naysayers on any thread like this, it is the nature of the auto parts world. You can't please everybody.
With that being said, take a look at all of the posts from this thread and I think you will see there are plenty of people interested as long as the price is right. Me included.

Jack

I agree with Jack. I too have never personally delt with Layson's but am well aware of their reputation. Right now I am not dealing with them I am dealing with you. I give every one a chance. Like I mentioned in an earlier post I only get screwed once by some one. I understand that things happen sometimes but it is how someone or a company deals with those problems. I am still all for going through with this deal and more soon if the first deal works out well. As long as things work fairly efficient and smooth I have no problems helping you help us. I don't mind you making a couple of bucks off of us. Like you said you are doing the work and you deserve some thing for it. I don't work for free and I don't excpect you too either. Thanks and let us know. I am about to start needing parts so I am looking forward to your offer.

Jason

Dont need to review your post,I am going off exactly what you said.I would like to get people nice looking parts without hassels.Thats is what you said.So what you are saying is that getting parts from laysons is a hassle correct?

Not trying to be a hardass,just kind of confused on why I should buy parts from you instead of laysons?

man i have been reading the comments on here about this whole deal. i just cannot belive what is being said. i personally have had both good deals from laysons and bad. the bad deals were fixed. that being said i have also had both good deals and bad from year one and a few others. it happens! you get it resolved and move on. if you have a beef with a company, then so be it. hutch is not bending anyones arm to do this. either you want in or you don't. if you are on the fence then try something small and see if this works. if it does then move on to something else. if you get burned then it was something small and lessoned learned. hutch is only trying to help. if you want it then take it. if you don't then stay away and see what happens. you can then be the first in line to say i told you so, or the next in line to get something. don't beat the guy up for trying though..... :sad1:

Some of you need to read the posts CAREFULLY before going off on another member.

Johnny Dart, Hutchy says he will offer the parts at a DISCOUNT if the interest is there. This really has nothing to do with Laysons, by the sound of it.
I for one will buy from you hutchman, if the price is right.
Hope this works out for all us members.

Talk about beating a dead horse! If youre not interested in this deal dont look at this post. Simple as that sounds people are having a hard time with it. You sure arent helping anyone with your comments. Dont give hutchfish a hard time for trying to help others out. Lets focus on the positive here, and show a little more respect.

I think new ones would be stylin! with my new carpet seats and headliner.

Ma mopar !!
anything else is just a car.
But mopars have classand style, like a Harley with four wheels!

philsauto...you have a pm. I have not seen any new front valance panels for the A-body cudas, but if they do show up, I'll be sure to post and let everybody know.

67 Signet...I haven't seen any aluminum rockers, is somebody making them? I agree they would look awesome!!! Or are you refering to the sill plates at the bottom of the door opening?

AND....from the posts after the one I made last night, I will continue to get this deal going. Thank You! for your responses! I just want to make sure my efforts are not in vain. I will try to get the best price possible and pass the savings on to you. I have a sit-down scheduled with Dave Layson tomorrow, so I'm hoping to have some more info to pass on to everybody tomorrow evening.

Thanks, Rick

-
Back