Would like more amps...

-
I hide really well for a tall fat guy.

Here are some pics. I have CVF Brackets I made work (basically bolt the bottom tensioner to the Denso). The rear Denso cover is held on with studs and nuts, the most inboard one just clears by about 1/32". The others are outside of the head. I could have use a bit shorter belt.

View attachment 1715493720

View attachment 1715493721

View attachment 1715493722

View attachment 1715493723

View attachment 1715493724
CVF bracket?..

I'm not running out and buying an alternator today I'm too busy doing a lot of other wiring...(please see nitrous A1A)

Is this the car your Speedmaster heads are going on? If so fitment gets tight. I can shoot you some pics of the 60amp Denso on my 340 with Speedmaster heads.
It's also funny you mention those Speedmaster heads as I called the shop today 4 weeks and 2 days later and he's not touched them...

It's also funny you mention those Speedmaster heads as I called the shop today 4 weeks and 2 days later and he's not touched them...
hopefully he work on them during this lockdown

I'm wondering if there's some kind of list of factory v-groove hundred Watt one wire denso alternators that could be had at the Pick-n-Pull? As in what vehicles would have came with something like that. I'm sure it had to be a little bit old for a v groove ..

Well I've kind of bailed on this more amp idea as when I read the scales on these high amp alternators they really don't make any more juice unless I'm doing like 4K RPMs... I need the amps down low when I'm at idle and want more fans on to keep the radiator circulated. Once the RPMs are up to a level that would actually benefit a higher amp alternator the cars already moving fast enough to not even need fans.. I did more research and found that the alternator that I have is a 65 amp. I shouldn't need to run a lot of stuff at low RPMs besides the fans anyways. I'm just going to continue through the summer the way it is and see if I have any overheating problems. I didn't see any last year but I'm a very Fairweather driver I've got to realize as well. If it's that hot out I probably don't even want to go out...

not to change your mind, but I had a power master alternator on my plow truck...I believe it came with a "bench test" reading where the output was over 100 amp at under 1000 rpm

not to change your mind, but I had a power master alternator on my plow truck...I believe it came with a "bench test" reading where the output was over 100 amp at under 1000 rpm
Not at all it could be very well be something that I change in the future for sure. I just can't find myself in a bad position this last year. Seems like years before I had inadequate cooling... I've had it start to get warm on me but never like in the years passed where I had to pull over and shut it off for a few... If I have to add another fan to it I would definitely want more amps... And it would definitely cool it down..

-
Back