Would like your input?

-

bkbond12

Old ones need lovin too..
Reaction score
Now, I know alot of people are going to fault me for doing this, but I just picked up a 1975 Pontiac Trans Am for the misses. Personally, I like many makes/models of old vehicles. However, with that said, is $4000 too much to have paid for this?

[ame="http://s1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/classic_cars_kid/1975%20pontiac%20Trans%20Am/"]1975 pontiac Trans Am pictures by classic_cars_kid - Photobucket[/ame]

Please keep in mind, these are the previous owner's pictures and not mine (car still looks the same though). I posted this in the jokes section because it is a non-mopar vehicle and didn't know where else to put it. The car will need some work, but the NADA consumer page puts low retail around $9800, avg. $22,000, and high at $34,000.

trans am.jpg

$4000 is a heck of a deal. I like the single headlight, separate from the grille of the 75's. Nice find!

nice car...does the wife drink too much or have access to any golfclubs?

Occasionally drinks a bit in excess, but no access to clubs. It needs some work, but I figure parts are dirt cheap and the car has potential.

The 1975 only had 185hp, but this one has headers, straight pipes, and a 750 street avenger holly on it. I'm going to rebuild the original 400 and put a little money in it for her, she'll only be taking it out every once in awhile and I figure we could go to car shows together.

Now I can say that I don't discriminate, I own the 71' Scamp, 75' TA, and 03' Mustang GT. I'm getting quite the collection and running out of room. Damn.

$4,000! Looks like a steal to me!!!
C

BK, I like all sorts of older cars as well and think you got a pretty good deal on this one ... even though it is a '75 TA Fire Chicken. ;) BTW: I moved it to the general discussion area where you should be able to get more people to comment on it and hopefully, that will be a good thing. ;)

Looks like a nice car for $4K. I believe cars like your TA will be the next generation of collector cars. Great score!

I like Firechickens. At least the Pontiacs had some style and did not have those belly button SBC's. Worthy adversaries for a Mopar and what fun would it be if we did'nt have worthy adversaries.

BTW, I previously owned a '68 Formula and a '77 Formula, both 400/4spd. $4K for a '75 is a steal. Nice score.

thats a nice car is it a 6.6 or 455 hd i hope auto or stick? we need to know

It's the 6.6L aka 400sbc with the 350 turbo trans. It's an automatic. Interior is not original, but is from a 1975 Trans Am and is about a 9/10. The exterior needs about 4 or 5 small surface spots fixed. I'll probably replace the door skins because 2 owners ago shaved the handles and the last owner paid some hack to put them back on....however, he didn't put door locks in and it's bondo there. Trunk lock was also cut out and just some other crazy ****, but I figure about $3000 should have it worthy for some local shows.

One of the biggest draws with this car is the cheap and readily available parts for it.

There's alot of pictures on photobucket in the link on the first post. It's the big box that looks like it's supposed to support a video. Just click the link at the top. You'll be able to see 22 pics of the exterior/interior and even the engine.

I told the wife that I was going to get her a license place that read "SPRCHKN"

sweet score! i had a 73 catalina with a 400. have you checked in with the folks at pontiacstreetperformance.com? lots of good resources there. do you know if you have a real pontiac motor? or was it swapped out at some point for a chevy? you get points for real pontiac power! also, lots of cheap speed parts.

lol seriously is this a Joke? cause looks to me that your wanting to be re-affirmed that you got a great deal just like a woman likes to hear she's not fat! LMAO

KILLER DEAL!!! You could flip that car down here in Texas right now for 10k EASY!! You will get 100% return on your investment. Your paint is above average for a 75 car, interior seats have no rips, car runs and drives, that car is worth at least double what you paid for it!

Yes. It's a good deal so long as the mecanics are good and the lights work.

Poncho's do not have a killer resale value and if they do, there normaly done to the hilt unlike other brands where people think they have gold but in reality, they have a turd.

My friend had one just like that back in high school. It was a great car.What a refreshing sight to see. Im sure you will enjoy it and get lots of looks :)

I think that is a great find at $4K!! Used to have a '74 TransAm my ex-wife and I ordered in mid' 1973. Buccaneer Red with black interior and a 455. I loved that car!
My 'ex' took it in the divorce and trashed it by not taking care of it. Sure it I still had it as it was a great looking car. Looked the same as yours except it had the small rear window rather that the wraparound window that came out in '75.
Enjoy!

-
Back