Would You Pay $34,300 for an Old Unopened Box of Hot Wheels?

-
Final bid $40,200. Reserve not met. I don't know what's worse. The fact that someone set the reserve so high for something like this, or that there were people actually bidding that much money for it!

$40,200.00 and reserve not met when the auction ended.

That is where two fools met...

One for bidding that much and the other one for having a reserve that high.

I would guess that the original intent was for a private sale between two collectors but then nobody knows what it is really worth. So to determine the value let the free market (eBay) decide.
My experience is that a no reserve auction would have brought more bidding as most bidders give up when the reserve is not met at such a high bid. So I wonder what bidding would go to with no reserve.

Guy I work with is into Hot Wheels and his aunt gave him the 1st set of REDLINES in the store display when he was 4 in 1968

He told me that it was valued over 20k a few years ago.

I bought his 1969 Cougar and he told me he went out and bought hot wheels and had to put some money with it for a set to replace what he had when he was 4.

We value our cars, many collect Red Line Hot Wheels and new mint in blister pack can be worth TO THEM thousands of dollars and our cars mean nothing to them

So if 5 people have bid and it is over 30k it might be the market value

Gates money.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2inExgT77s"]Neil deGrasse Tyson - Bill Gates Wealth - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back