Would you pay almost $100 for a nos cam lightly rusty

-
Hell NO! This clown is selling a rusty cam! Enlarge the picture! And even more so since I can purchase one new or even better yet, a better brand new cam. MoPar offers OE cams, hi performance cams and the after market has more cams listed that sit on a shelf than you can shake a 4spd stick at.

Well you can't buy this same cam anymore from Mopar....P4120653 D.C. 284-112 284 .542" 110 .028 .032

Is what i found, I think his numbers are wrong...still Crowler makes mechanical cams are 112 lbc

Could the cam be polished?..I mean if it sold for $35, crazy to pay this much and it might go higher yet, who are these clowns bidding on this cam ](*,)

...............There is nothing wrong with that cam............the rust will clean up so that u wouldnt even know it was there..............kim.........

If a cam change was only a 1/2 hour job, I'd give it a try, but, The hassle of maybe having a problem with it would keep me from buying it. The price savings (if any) is not enough for me.

If a cam change was only a 1/2 hour job, I'd give it a try, but, The hassle of maybe having a problem with it would keep me from buying it. The price savings (if any) is not enough for me.

Exactly how I feel. For some of us it takes 3 years to change a cam, I wouldn't risk another 3 years just to save a few bucks.

If you buy a used engine from a salvage yard it looks like that inside. You install it, change the oil and filter and run it. With a little clean up it would be ok.
toolman

Its not that bad of a job in the sbm. The intake can stay ON, you just use a rod with a magnet to pull the lifters out from the heads. Does depend on the cars, the B bodies you can slip the cam out after removing the rad.

Yeah its still a muti hour job but 3 years, LOL

-
Back