Would you sell-out? E-Body for an A-body?

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Would you sell your A-body car for an E-body? I have always wanted a 1971 Cuda H-code 340, would I sell my A-body cars to buy one? Maybe my 2 1970 Darts, my 66 Valiant...not sure. Do any people here own an A-body car cause they are cheaper than an E-body? I like E-body cars but when I see them at a carshow I usually walk by them now, sort of like I do when I see Mustangs and Chevys. They are so damn expensive, and everybody wants or has them. I really dig A-body cars, especially the early A's, they are different! What do you think? I know some people here have an E-body car, hope I didn't offend you, that is not my intention. Would I sell my 1966 Valiant to buy an E-body.....HELL NO!!!!!!! Do you blame me, just look at this baddass machine!! :thumrigh:

DSC01760.jpg

Picture 659.jpg

Picture 711.jpg

Picture 282.jpg

Looks great. As a E body owner as well, I wouldn't give up ethier of them.

I love your '66. But, hell no I would not give up my A-body. I have always loved early A's since I was 12 years old. I got my first '65 barracuda at age 13. I have never really liked E-bodies. I mean I dont dislike them, I just dont get a boner for them.

I'd trade my UNFINISHED A-body for a perfect '70 Challenger 440 R/T :laughing::laughing::laughing: Oh yeah, it would have to be black too, no exceptions. :glasses2:

If I wanted to buy an E-body,I could have,but I chose the early-A instead.In Bearacudadudes words..when I see mine I get a boner!LMAO!!There,s something about them that attracted me in this direction,can,t wait to get mine going!!:thumrigh:p.S 340Sedan are you ever gonna paint your car 1 colour?Not that it doesn,t look cool now!Just wondering?

No e-bodies for me, thank you. I guess it's because my Dad had a '70 Barracuda that was an absolute POS. It whistled, the interior disintegrated, had electrical gremlins, leaks, etc., etc. In contrast, Mom drove her 66 Valiant for 30 years. No offense to e-body owners, just my personal experiences.

I've been meaning to say this for awhile.
The more i see that 66 Valiant the more i Like it! That thing is really old school cool!...

N E V E R !!!!

I've got nothin' against the E body but they just aren't for me. I like having something different than most of the mopar crowds around here(Sask.)

Love the e-body's but no way I'd part with my early a's. I'm attracted to the unusual factor of any a body,especially early a's. It's tough but I love the challenge of having to beg,barter,strip,fabricate & pray for parts. Here' a short boner producing video of my sleeper 65 cuda (65barracudadud) including a just coming out of storage door squeak an e body would never have. Which is why I love it. http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4210261/11317793

Oldschoolcuda

Never!!!! I would love to have an E-body but I would never sell my Duster for one...... All the shows I have been to around here are nothing but B and E bods so the A- body is the rare thing around here....

I personally wouldn't, but my wife would sell or trade any or all of my A bodies for an E Body convertible! We had a 71 Chally convert and it was her favorite car over the 65 GT convert or a 69 Charger we had at the same time. Now I just might do it for another 69 Charger.

I've had A's, B's, E's and even C's and I loved them all. I must admit though, I have an extra soft spot for A body cars. Ever since a little 64 Valiant with a 340 and a 4 speed ran away from my '68 GTO (over 30 years ago), I've admired them. Hard to beat the awesome power-to-weight ratio and screaming small-block Mopar power! E bodys are for show, A bodys are for GO! Gimme an A body!

Unfortunately I'm contemplating that thought right now for an 09 E-body!!!
I've owned my 64 Dart 17 yrs....

Bob
64 Dart 270/post
360/auto/391
12.75/106 best run

Would I trade my '70 Duster project car for an equivalent '70 cuda?? Ummm, well maybe, yes probably. That having been said, do I see many e-bodies at shows and so on that give me wood? No. A typical restored Tor-red e-body with hockey sticks, go-wing rally wheels and a shaker makes me yawn. Now a black '70 cuda with a glass 440 six-pak hood,body a little rough,bare painted floor, an RB with all the pieces I have on the shelf, the 8" converter I have here, fenton gyros or 4" Keystones on the front, my tach-drive distributor & cable tach, an old Cam Dynamics R286/500/8 rattling and shaking the fenders, blowing through some 3.5" bullets, setting off car alarms all over town?... IN A NEW-YORK MINUTE!

Would I trade my '70 Duster project car for an equivalent '70 cuda?? Ummm, well maybe, yes probably. That having been said, do I see many e-bodies at shows and so on that give me wood? No. A typical restored Tor-red e-body with hockey sticks, go-wing rally wheels and a shaker makes me yawn. Now a black '70 cuda with a glass 440 six-pak hood,body a little rough,bare painted floor, an RB with all the pieces I have on the shelf, the 8" converter I have here, fenton gyros or 4" Keystones on the front, my tach-drive distributor & cable tach, an old Cam Dynamics R286/500/8 rattling and shaking the fenders, blowing through some 3.5" bullets, setting off car alarms all over town?... IN A NEW-YORK MINUTE!
How 'bout if your '70 Duster was black with a shark tooth grill, no hood, and a tunnel-rammed,W-2 headed , solid-lifter 400-something cubic inch small block rattlin' those fenders? And ya knew you could carry your fat buddy or two hot chicks with you and still weigh less than that RB E-body? Does that do anything for ya?

I'd take the e-body. And the pieces for the Duster are 360, home-ported iron heads that flow around [email protected], (yea, I'd LOVE a set of W-2s, if they were free) big solid(well, most guys would probably consider it big, I dont) 8" converter, yadayadayada. & Personally I would NEVER stick a '71 grill in a 70 Duster, but thats just a matter of taste. Answer is still the same, in a NEW-YORK MINUTE. And I already have two hot chicks, my wife & my daughter. LOL!

im not a huge e body fan. i would rather have another b body. a 68 or 69 charger would be nice. but i dont think i would trade my a body for one. i even sold my 69 charger so i could buy parts for my valiant wagon.

I'd take the e-body. And the pieces for the Duster are 360, home-ported iron heads that flow around [email protected], (yea, I'd LOVE a set of W-2s, if they were free) big solid(well, most guys would probably consider it big, I dont) 8" converter, yadayadayada. & Personally I would NEVER stick a '71 grill in a 70 Duster, but thats just a matter of taste. Answer is still the same, in a NEW-YORK MINUTE. And I already have two hot chicks, my wife & my daughter. LOL!
George, don't get me wrong, I love E-bodys too. My first Mopar was a Red 72 Barracuda with a 440/Torqueflite I put in it. Also had a Go-Mango 70 Challenger Convertable (24k miles)and Panther Pink R/T Challenger. And I only wish I had two Hot Chicks to ride around with! My 72 Demon is not street legal (1/8th mile car) and I just picked up a 67 Nothback Barracuda to play with but it's just a 273 car. Hey, you can always dream, right?

Oh, I forgot the beat-up old Blue '74 Challenger Rallye! Swapped it to a guy for a RB Six Pack setup. But I loved that one too!LOL

I know exactly the look you are talking about and love it too:thumrigh:...i love all mopars, but abodies ar eby far my fave and i dont think i would ever trade one for anything else...to have more than one mopar though is a different story...my favourite mopes are as follows- the abodies, the early b bodies, and then the ebodies...something about abodies though that none of the others have....hmmm...oh yea thats it, they are just plain cooler!:hello1:

-
Back