Wow. Have you noticed the HUGE amount of stuff for sale here lately?

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This seems to be a great time to buy if you're looking. I have seen (what seems to me) a FAR MORE THAN USUAL amount of sale ads in the lists under "New Posts".
I don't recall seeing that many ads since White Punk On Nitro was around.

This seems to be a great time to buy if you're looking. I have seen (what seems to me) a FAR MORE THAN USUAL amount of sale ads in the lists under "New Posts".
People are probably needing the money, since everything is still so expensive. I wouldn't doubt if the prices of the older cars starts to drop off and People start selling those too.

Really?

Maybe I just haven't noticed. I remember there being a lot of parts ads a few years ago, then not much stuff was being posted up.
I had a short run where I was peddling some early A stuff that I got from an old timer. I added the GOLD membership to be able to post pictures in PMs. Sometimes buyers want more detailed pictures.

seems about usual. generally there's that new year i need to get back on track and get rid of this junk that i've been meaning to uptick.

couple that with holiday bills coming due and inactivity due to weather and you see people start to unload the stuff they're not using.

there's also some real crack pipe asking prices on stuff, too. so there's that.

It seems about usual. Generally there's that new year i need to get back on track and get rid of this junk that i've been meaning to uptick.

Couple that with holiday bills coming due and inactivity due to weather and you see people start to unload the stuff they're not using.
Paying off Christmas debt?
That is an excellent point.

Good for me because I originally came to this site to buy car parts better than ebay.

Met a few blokes from here, picked up a few stalkers and bought a LOT of parts (good stuff) and 6 cars so far. So all is good in the neighborhood.

I'm still looking for a 67 valiant grille center..... so far no response to my want ad.

Paying off Christmas debt?
That is an excellent point.
kind of aligns with the whole new years resolutions as well: sell parts to lighten the load, peel off debt, make space, clean out the basement/garage etx.

or maybe you got that new carb/intake/gear set for xmas and now you don't need the old junk.

offer up and c'list are popping off as well. deals to be had if you're willing to peel off the cash and make the moves.

kind of aligns with the whole new years resolutions as well: sell parts to lighten the load, peel off debt, make space, clean out the basement/garage etx.

or maybe you got that new carb/intake/gear set for xmas and now you don't need the old junk.

offer up and c'list are popping off as well. deals to be had if you're willing to peel off the cash and make the moves.
I still have a stash of stuff I'll never need. I wanted to sell at swaps last Summer but was busy doing home remodeling.

I have "almost" tuned out the classified section. Almost.

Stalkers? You mean dudes that just randomly show up at your place???

Actually yea, that has happened a time or two.
Uhhh, that would be annoying being a guy and REALLY unnerving being a woman.
I always tell people to call or text when they are on the way over.
What if I'm watching TV in my underwear on the couch?

01 face 10.jpg

Meh, I have never been skeered.

And yes I do.
That's good. I know if you were my woman, you'd carry a backup too. Only reason Kitty doesn't carry is because we literally go everywhere together now that we're both retired. She has problems carrying a heavy pocketbook so we opted to remove her gun since we always are together. If she ever does go somewhere alone, she does carry. I'm glad you do.

I always tell people to call or text when they are on the way over.
What if I'm watching TV in my underwear on the couch?
answer the door like that... some people pay extra for it.

all kidding aside, i've had great luck with the stuff i've sold here. and spring/fall fling is always good selling.

Over here, there are a lot of parts coming up and a lot of cars coming out of the woodwork for sale. Interest rates are up, houses are becoming unobtainium for a lot of people and the belts are tightening, so the toys, spare parts, or unfinished jalopies are hitting the market..
Crack head covid pricing is on the rise, but buyers are on the decline. Go figure.

I've been saying for a couple of years, that the hobby is getting harder and more expensive - I'd be out if I didn't already have cars.

I have so much stuff that I should list for sale that it isn’t funny. Getting shipping quotes is a pain for me and the fact that sooner or later our PayPal and payment apps are going to penalize us with a 1099. Not sure when but it’s coming.

I have noticed a huge amount of stuff for sale everywhere. I have also noticed that due to the prior statement, stuff does not sell too fast. Related again to the prior statement, stuff can be bought cheap. Just picked up an A518 and 241D combo with shafts for $300. Been for sale for weeks. The market seems to be a buyers to me.

-
Back