Wow, look what the car drug home.lol again!

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
i bought this car two years ago for 1,500.00 with a blown headgasket. i put 200 into it, and then the next day sold it for 4,500.00.
well a month ago, i got a call asking if i wanted to buy it back. so i asked what happened to it. he told me that he set the boost controller wrong, and over- boosted it to over 28 psi.

i was not intrested in it for what he wanted, so i passed on it. well, just 3 days ago, i got a call asking that if i wanted it for some rediciolous price. i asked how much, and why.

he is moving out of state next week, and needs it gone. how much, i ask him. 500.00 ! get it out of my yard, today. i did not have the cash, so i had to go borrow the money, till the next morning when the bank opened.

got it home at 3 pm. went to junk yard first thing monday morning, grabbed a head, turbo, exaust manifold, and some other stuff, all for 75 bucks.. ordered a head gasket and timing belt from advanced auto. 75 bucks for both.

so, finally got the car done last night.
it drives, and runs like a new car, once again.

this car is no slouch. it gets up and goes.
it has a evo III 16g turbo,650 injectors, safc, turbo timer, dual stage greddy boost controller, walbro 255 fuel pump. all guages, new 18 tires on nice rims, full apexi n-1 3" turbo back exaust..... and more.

so, now i might put it back up for sale once more. i got it set on 20 psi right now, and it moves! also gets 30 mpg cruising too!.

keep it or sell it???????????????????????????????????????????????

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 814
  • 005.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 803
  • 006.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 789
  • 007.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 785
  • 008.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 781
  • 010.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 798
Loooks good. Question is, can you use it?

(OK, what is it?)

And how much can you realisitcly get for it?

I say keep it for awhile if you need a daily driver, or good gas milage...

I call that a "boomerang" you sell it, it comes back, you sell it it comes back again!

id drive it for a bit and have fun til you cant deal with the smell of burning rice and the sound of a giants fart anymore.

i like the color too ;)

jk...always liked these cars as long as theyre not tooo riced out

:burnout::cheers:srry my 2cents says those r pretty sought after rice burner cars alot of younger kids would love it i would sell it and get more a bodies or a body parts!

Is that a MOPAR?
LOL I would drive the **** out it...if I was a girl. I would get rid of it I relate eclipses to chicks.

That pic of the valve made me wonder how the piston looked. Detonation, baby!.

I wouldn't mind having a cheaper car to drive to / from work and put the miles on. My FWD PU truck is killing me with 15 MPG but I meed it on weekends.

You really are trying to get lined up in front of a firing squad aren't you. LOL I bet I can think of 2 guy's that would really have a hate on for you if they read this. LOL
I say sell it, and see if it comes back again.

Jack

That pic of the valve made me wonder how the piston looked. Detonation, baby!.

I wouldn't mind having a cheaper car to drive to / from work and put the miles on. My FWD PU truck is killing me with 15 MPG but I meed it on weekends.

actually, it jumped timing and bent the valve. the piston did have a little nick where it hit, but not bad

Timing belts are the dumbest things ever. When one slips or breaks it screws your engine. You got lucky 340plot.

yea, it is not a mopar, but i work on all cars, so i wanted to post about other ones i work on also!

yea, others call it a girls car, but think of it this way.

can you imagine sitting at the traffic light next to that " ***** car" while you are cruising your 340 4 speed demon. you look at each other, know that it is on from the green light!.
so what happens when that "*****" car pulls on you like you are sitting still!!!!!!!!.lololol lmao.

I AM A FIRM BELIEVER OF THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT. TO A PIONT. these 4 bangers that are forced fed, are no joke.

i am mopar through and through, but i buy/sell, so i must buy anything that others will buy. and these cars have a huge following.
they are just like the a-bodies to the mopar crowd. guys that want a mucle car go and buy a 340 duster, cause they cannot afford a roadrunner or cuda.
well, the guys that buy the eclipse do so because they afre cheap to get nice numbers out of, cause they cannot afford a SUBURU WRX, OR A MITSUBISHI EVO. BOTH IN THE upper 40,000.00+ range. they would rather spend 5 grand on one of these, and have the same h.p

Timing belts are the dumbest things ever. When one slips or breaks it screws your engine. You got lucky 340plot.

well, most of the time, they bent valves. i have done at least a hundred belts on these after jumping. always bent valves.
i have only had maybe 3 that actually put a whole in the piston, and one took out a piston, rod through the block, and broke the intake cam in 2

Is that a MOPAR?
LOL I would drive the **** out it...if I was a girl. I would get rid of it I relate eclipses to chicks.

ROTFLMAO !!! I found one of those for my little brother last year because he wanted one. He came over about a week ago and said he'd pretty much give it to me so he didn't have to keep it around. I told him about the only thing I would do with it is jack it up and drop a brick on the gas pedal to see how long it lasted it if was mine. :wink: This one is pretty nice looking, though - flip it to a ricer - they like cars like that and you can probably make some pretty good bucks on the deal. :grin:

Loooks good. Question is, can you use it?

(OK, what is it?)

And how much can you realisitcly get for it?

well, these are just like the mopars, and the price varies from the area you live. they sell for much more in the cities than in the country where i live.

in the condition it is in, all the tasteful mods, i think i can get 4,200.00 out of it.
i am going to cut the clearcoat at the pinstripe on the passenger quarter, and re-clear that panel section, to where you cannot tell.. do that, detail it nicely, and then i should have no problem getting 4,500.00 to 4,800.00 out of it

OH , it is a 1997 mitsubishi eclipse gs-t. turbo charged front wheel drive.
most people like the all wheel drive to do alot of mods to, but the gs-t are lighter, and both cars modded equally, the awd will win in the 1/8 or 1/4, but the gs-t wins beyond that. (less weight)

I had a '95 Eagle Talon TSi. It's one of the cars I miss, it was the first 4 banger I ever had, and couldn't believe 4 cyls could produce that much power. Had a curse to it though, like a strong magnetic field or something because someone or something was always hitting it.

I'd probably drive the crap outa' it for a while (when my kids weren't with me). Then at the end of summer I'd find some high school kid with his pockets full of money from working all summer & sell it to him so he could impress his friends when school started in the fall.

Wow, I learn more about our members every time I log in :D
I would drive it around and let some eye's see it up for sale as you enjoy the HP and gas milage :thumrigh:
I don't think I have ever seen one :scratch: but if I did I forgot 8-) There sure is allot of turbo car's out there I bet.
enjoy it and see if it comes back again when a buyer comes along. :cheers:
I like the sound of calling it the boomerang car :toothy10:

^^^^^^^^^ i call them "MAYPOP" cars.lol may pop today, maypop next week.lol

yea, it is not a mopar, but i work on all cars, so i wanted to post about other ones i work on also!

yea, others call it a girls car, but think of it this way.

can you imagine sitting at the traffic light next to that " ***** car" while you are cruising your 340 4 speed demon. you look at each other, know that it is on from the green light!.
so what happens when that "*****" car pulls on you like you are sitting still!!!!!!!!.lololol lmao.

I AM A FIRM BELIEVER OF THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT. TO A PIONT. these 4 bangers that are forced fed, are no joke.

i am mopar through and through, but i buy/sell, so i must buy anything that others will buy. and these cars have a huge following.
they are just like the a-bodies to the mopar crowd. guys that want a mucle car go and buy a 340 duster, cause they cannot afford a roadrunner or cuda.
well, the guys that buy the eclipse do so because they afre cheap to get nice numbers out of, cause they cannot afford a SUBURU WRX, OR A MITSUBISHI EVO. BOTH IN THE upper 40,000.00+ range. they would rather spend 5 grand on one of these, and have the same h.p

I knew my post would get someone riled up. By the way mine is a 340 Dart w/3speed and I bought it because it was the first Dart I had ever seen. :salute:

you did not rile me up.lmoa i was just posting facts!. these cars come from the factory with 210 hp. but a simple turbo,fuel-pump, intercooler, and the big key to these cars', is the TUNING!

THERE IS A GUY AT ATCO RACEWAY IN NJ, THAT HAS A BONE STOCK ONE, THAT ALL HE ADDED WAS A DSMLINK LOGGING SOFTWARE AND A WIDEBAND o2 sensor to keep track of fuel mixture, that runs in the 12's.

you did not rile me up.lmoa i was just posting facts!. these cars come from the factory with 210 hp. but a simple turbo,fuel-pump, intercooler, and the big key to these cars', is the TUNING!

THERE IS A GUY AT ATCO RACEWAY IN NJ, THAT HAS A BONE STOCK ONE, THAT ALL HE ADDED WAS A DSMLINK LOGGING SOFTWARE AND A WIDEBAND o2 sensor to keep track of fuel mixture, that runs in the 12's.

What can I say I love the rumble of my engine and exhaust.

-
Back