Wow, Prince found dead.

-
Sad news! I'm a fan of his music, and wish I had the opportunity to go to Paisley Park to watch him perform, I just never made it. May he RIP

He was just hospitalized a week or two ago, in Florida or something like that. When I heard this a minute ago I was really surprised.

This has to be a great loss for the world of guitarists. Few people know it, but Prince was quite arguably one of the greatest guitarists of his time.

And if you don't think so.........

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7INsVaR-S-w"]MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS PRINCE SOLO ALTERADO - YouTube[/ame]

Crazy how fast we are losing them now.

Yeah, but at 57? That's crazy.

Few people know it, but Prince was quite arguably one of the greatest guitarists of his time

I will agree, he could play guitar very well. I have listened to some of his music when in the company of people that like it, I could just never get into it.

Wow. He cancelled in Atlanta a couple weeks ago because they said he had the flu. Then he played at Atlanta's Fox Theatre on April 14 what would be his last performance.

RIP Prince

This is very interesting, because just the other night, an "up and coming" "Vanity" was on Johnny Carson on "Antenna TV." It thought WTF? and Googled here. Turns out she died of massive kidney failure at 57, having been a heavy drug user.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_(singer)

I have to say, I've never had much use for Prince. That does not mean I would have wished him ill....or worse

I had been a fan for decades, buying Controversy and 1999 at the same time as my Metallica Ride the Lightning and Iron Maiden Powerslave albums...

I am at work about two blocks from Paisley Park where he passed this morning. It was good to see him become less reclusive lately. Sad for the loss of what he could have done in the years to come.

If you get a chance to you tube a few things look for a George Harrison tribute performance of While My guitar Gently Weeps. Tom Petty with a large ensemble of musicians. Prince walks out to take the final solo.... epic.

I had been a fan for decades, buying Controversy and 1999 at the same time as my Metallica Ride the Lightning and Iron Maiden Powerslave albums...

I am at work about two blocks from Paisley Park where he passed this morning. It was good to see him become less reclusive lately. Sad for the loss of what he could have done in the years to come.

If you get a chance to you tube a few things look for a George Harrison tribute performance of While My guitar Gently Weeps. Tom Petty with a large ensemble of musicians. Prince walks out to take the final solo.... epic.

Look a few posts up. :)

Dang, hard to believe.
He was a accomplished guitar player, writer and showman.
I for one will miss him.

RIP Prince. Another gone way to young. What a super talented individual that also stood up to the corrupt record industry. He will be missed.

Look a few posts up. :)

beat me to it! great minds think alike!

- I love the look on Dhani Harrisons face watching Prince play.
I cant view you tube here at work (content blocked) or I would be stuck at it all day!

have to settle for my mp3 player listening to his 1978 self produced album FOR YOU. Good late 70's funk and screaming guitar as well.

In a 40 year career, he never had to get caught with a child, or be profane with his lyrics, or have drug problems, or kill someone driving drunk, or just be a general douchebag in order to have a great following. He sold a BUTTLOAD of albums and helped a lot of young artists.....guy was an incredibly talented class act of an artist. Maybe one of a handful of truly decent superstars in the music business.
From one guitarist to another, RIP, brother. Play on. :(

many years ago while browsing Napster, I found a mp3 of Prince with Miles Davis recorded live. It starts as Auld Lang Syne and morphs into Purple Rain. Every new year since has began with it playing, LOUD !
Yes the star studded video posted above is great. Youtube has several more examples of Prince bending the strings with others. w/ Lenny Kravitz, w/ CeeLo Green, and more. His "one man" Superbowl show might have been his greatest performance.
R.I.P.

-
Back