Wow!! What a site, lucky me finding it...

-
welcome to FABO, awesome pic of you and your car back in 69 :)

I'd take mullinax's advice =P~

I was trying to find some part #s, for my Swinger, and discovered this place .. far out.. Mopar Heaven. Thank-You ALL.. anyway..

I got a early 69 Swinger 340 (good cam, no headrests) I've owned since new.. was drag racing it, and got tired of replacing syncro's , so mada a "crash box" outta it,, that got tired real soon as it was my street car.. Then Chrysler came out with a manual adaption to their 727 auto, that got rubber into 2nd and 3rd.. (was before anyone like B&M or Transgo existed) so I went that way and lost my 4-spd.. would like to change it back.. would appreciate any help, if you could supply links to part #s.. I browsed, and there is soooo much knowledge here..

Specifically I'm looking at a 4 spd, supposed to be outta Swinger, # stamped on pad on side is either.. 48832605 (first "8" could be a "B"), if someone could tell me what it is, I'd appreciate it greatly..

I also would like to know what length driveshaft I should get pls/tia

I was told all sm blk flywheels (pre 72ish) were same, 130 teeth, 10 1/2 in. clutch, is that true.. or should I be lookin for one specifically.. tia

Back in the day, my first real car was a 56 Plymouth Fury, with a 313 wide block, next was a 62 Dart with a 343hp 383 cu in, with push button auto, then 64 Dart 426 Wedge, dual four cross ram, (12.2's)..

Then my Swinger.. ran 13.2's just 2/10's off the NHRA record. The trophys won shoulda been gold plated for the money we spent, but that's prob more true today..,

Thanks for listening,, and for any help.. I look forward to having time to spend a few 100 hours browsing this site... fantastic.. cheers...

Pic is me in 69..lol had hair...

welcome!

Love the car and 1969 is a great year not only because of the Dart but that is the year I rolled off the line. And welcome!!! Great place with nothing but great people with great cars here.

Here are some current pix of my poor, sad car sitting in the corner of our barn..Hasn't been on the road since hmmm. 02 maybe.. before that 95/96maybe..

I'm REALLY feeling guilty lookin at it,.. gonna hafta get on it for the summer.. first pix is with a 100 spoker in front of real wheel..may keep them ..you can see I cut up a Cuda console to cover the linkages. note single brake pedal.. has LD 340, 780 Holley.

Started out as 12 1/2 pistons, kept trimming them down, changing cams, jetting,trying to get rid of ping,, prob 11:1 now.. Colletti heads matched to intake, with trimmed gskts can run a coat hanger down runners to valve, and not feel the joint between head/gsk/intake, gotta use same thickness head gskts, so I bought a dozen, still got 2 left..

70DartMike, here's my wish list to finish what I need to go back to 4 gear.. clutch linkages from pedal to fork, fork boot, flywheel, bellhousing bottom cover, driveshaft, shifter boot, stock exhaust manifolds, so I can run "Collector" plates, front bumper supports, and a grill. Where's Santa when you need him..
If anyone on the Island, or anywhere, can help, I would appreciate it..

I'm going to Vancouver next week to look at some used parts, can u give me an idea what a fair price would be, approx, I have absolutely no idea.. thnx..

I have some pretty nice 67 Dart tailites around somewhere , if anyone needs em,, and maybe a set of used swinger exhaust tips (need rechrome)

And again, thnx for the warm welcome.. is nice here..

Attachments

• May 16, 08 Janet at Hospital 003.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Rex in Barn 001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Rex in Barn 003.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Rex in Barn 004.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 102
  • Rex in Barn 005.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Rex in Barn 006.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 101
  • Rex in Barn 008.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 117
got a 56 Nash Metropolitan I can't decide to restore, ORRR make a Sunday afternoon wheelstander

Here's what you need to do to your Metro, except with Mopar power of course...

Attachments

• P7140144 (Small).JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 83
  • P7140142 (Small).JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 90

Attachments

• JohnnyRocketsBreakfastCruise071010003_edited (Small).JPG
    86 KB · Views: 102
  • JohnnyRocketsBreakfastCruise071010004_edited (Small).JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 86
nice Dart . I am partial to the B5 blue myself. Can't wait for spring. try and make the old time drags in June at ashcroft .

Thnx 69340 and 4spdragtop ..

Had to wait another 30 years for Mopar to bring out another good shade of blue.

Here's my winter vehicle, summer vehicle, Rec. vehicle, and my Metropolitan

Attachments

• RT - 007.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 88
  • RT - 008.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 90
  • RT et al 009.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 74
  • Nash in Barn 003.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 80
Hey Inertia, sorry I'm late to your debutante party! That's a sweet Swinger you've got there. I admire people who've kept their cars a long time and don't blame you for hanging onto that jewel!

And as a rare self-serving personal aside, if you ever want to fix those valve covers up I'd love to have the honor. They're cool! Personalized Mickey Thompsons??

Make yourself at home and keep us posted on your progress. :-D

Thnx Leanna, they're old Edelbrocks, and if I blow the dust of em, they may be okay.. But when I get to the Met, I'll be giving you a call.. I'm really starting to look forward to retirement..

Welcome aboard, inertia. Another lower-island member. I like the auto console arrangement you did...great way to get a console and a bench!

Hope to see you around the cruise spots (Francelli's,etc.) this summer.

Hi Grant,I just replied to your email regarding this site and this is my username on here.

It looks like Darwin just introduced himself,he owns what will soon be the "after" version of my Dart convertible once he's finished having his painted.They're both almost identical cars except for a few options.

Regarding SB flywheels,I forgot to mention in the email that there is a SB 273 flywheel which takes a smaller clutch and has fewer (124,I think) teeth so be sure to count the teeth on any used one you might find.I found that marking every 10th tooth with a felt pen makes it easier to keep count.

Greg

Hey Darwin niiice, very nice cars.. twins.. thnx Greg .. you guys got to get together on hubcaps.. lol

looking forward to Francelli's, and summer.

Anyone got a 69 340 flywheel, and exhaust manifolds please..

-
Back