Wow!! What a site, lucky me finding it...

-

Inertia

Reaction score
I was trying to find some part #s, for my Swinger, and discovered this place .. far out.. Mopar Heaven. Thank-You ALL.. anyway..

I got a early 69 Swinger 340 (good cam, no headrests) I've owned since new.. was drag racing it, and got tired of replacing syncro's , so mada a "crash box" outta it,, that got tired real soon as it was my street car.. Then Chrysler came out with a manual adaption to their 727 auto, that got rubber into 2nd and 3rd.. (was before anyone like B&M or Transgo existed) so I went that way and lost my 4-spd.. would like to change it back.. would appreciate any help, if you could supply links to part #s.. I browsed, and there is soooo much knowledge here..

Specifically I'm looking at a 4 spd, supposed to be outta Swinger, # stamped on pad on side is either.. 48832605 (first "8" could be a "B"), if someone could tell me what it is, I'd appreciate it greatly..

I also would like to know what length driveshaft I should get pls/tia

I was told all sm blk flywheels (pre 72ish) were same, 130 teeth, 10 1/2 in. clutch, is that true.. or should I be lookin for one specifically.. tia

Back in the day, my first real car was a 56 Plymouth Fury, with a 313 wide block, next was a 62 Dart with a 343hp 383 cu in, with push button auto, then 64 Dart 426 Wedge, dual four cross ram, (12.2's)..

Then my Swinger.. ran 13.2's just 2/10's off the NHRA record. The trophys won shoulda been gold plated for the money we spent, but that's prob more true today..,

Thanks for listening,, and for any help.. I look forward to having time to spend a few 100 hours browsing this site... fantastic.. cheers...

Pic is me in 69..lol had hair...

Attachments

• TMP2.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 369
  • TMP5.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 368
Welcome to the site! Everybody here likes PICTURES!!!

:worthles:

You're right about the flywheels. I'm not sure about the driveshaft length but I see driveshafts for sale here all of the time. I'm sure there will be lots of people jumping in here pretty quick.

Damn you Burntorange! You beat me!!!!! I had to go back & edit my post because I wasn't first!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

welcome this site is sub par at best.......... wait im lying this site it the BEST HAHAHAH WELCOME

Welcome to FABO, inertia, from sunny SoCal. You're going to have fun here!
You post brought back lots of memories of my old '69 340 Swinger. Like yours, bench seat, no headrests. I bought it used in very late 1969 from the original owner - he'd only owned the car a couple of months but had joined the Navy and couldn't keep the car.
I eventually built it to the extent I was driving a nasty-cammed 340, 850 Holley dp, reverse-pattern manual shift 727 and 4.89 gears on the street. Sure was fun back in the very early '70s. Raced it primarily at OCIR and cruised Whittier Blvd in SoCal on the weekends. Wish I still had the car today. Was building it to run NHRA Super Street but went through a divorce that stopped the build effort - being a single dad with fulltime custody of two young kids didn't permit any "toy time". Eventually sold it during a family financial crisis years ago.
Currently in build-mode on a "new" '69 Dart.
Post pics of your Swinger, love to see it.

Welcome aboard! Plenty of info here. Over 18,000 members here worldwide. I'm in a hurry and don't have time to look so someone hook this guy up to the post on how to upload pictures.

Jim

Welcome! Have you raced your Dart in Port Alberni before? I'm in Parksville, but visit Thunder In The Valley each year. There are quite a few members from the Island on this site. Ron (69B5Swinger340) is from Port Alberni, Darwin (65Val) and Greg (67GTConvert) are from Victoria. Todd (416Todd) is from Duncan area, who races a 71 Dart. Mark (Comoxian) is from Courtenay/Comox area, and lots more I am forgetting.

Welcome!, Enjoy the Site!!, From one Dart Swinger to another, pics??:cheers::cheers:

Welcome, very NICE car :thumbup: For ALL your 4 speed needs http://www.brewersperformance.com They should be able to help you out with the case numbers also. I have emailed them in the past, they even reply on Sunday afternoons ! Also : http://www.passonperformance.com Both places are MOPAR only 4 speed shops. (Passon has a new 5 speed coming out that fits with no mods.) More pics PLEASE, LOVE the red line polyglass tires.

Hey 70Dart... No haven't been to Port, but hear you got a great strip.. The last time my Dart was at the strip was 2006 while I was sponsoring the High School Drag team, before that was a place called Van Isle Raceway, just north of MillBay, back in the late 60's early 70's,, and at Mission Raceway..

It's good to know there are a lotta Dart Guys here on the island. Any of them got parts.?? . thanx

Thnx much B569Swinger340, I appreciate the links.. this place is so kewl..

Thank-you All for the warm welcome..

There are just so many cool projects, I'm awed.. I was lookin forward to retirement to catch-up on all the projects I wanna do (got a 56 Nash Metropolitan I can't decide to restore, ORRR make a Sunday afternoon wheelstander").. I just might have to retire early just to read all the stuff here,, wow..

Welcome to A Body heaven. Lots of great people on this site. You will not believe the number of people that will offer help and advise.

Best, Frank

-
Back