Wowwwww, how can i pass this up?lolo

-

340plot

the bushy bush
Reaction score
so, i was heading to get some materials for the duster, and went by the local scrap yard. they never usually sell anything they get in, but since i do alot of business with them, they made an exception.

so, i drive by, and i spot this in the pile of 30 other cars.lol. so i pull the quick u-turn, to go look at it, well, i get out and the first thing i notice it the type of rear in it. the way it was sitting, i was able to spin the wheels in the rear!. SURE GRIP BABY! , so then i notice the dual exaust, and alot of other stuff near the trans that should not be there for a 318 car. i tip the lift operator and get him to bring it down for me.. look what i find under the hood?
i paid almost 3.5 times scrap weight, but i still think it was worth the gamble. how else can i get a rush, living out in the sticks.lmao

now, can someone tell me what some of these things are?

is that a big block k-frame?

are they big block a-body manifolds?

i have no clue about big block a- body stuff

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 647
  • 002.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 634
  • 003.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 646
  • 004.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 623
  • 005.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 634
  • 006.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 650
  • 007.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 649
  • 008.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 641
  • 009.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 620
  • 010.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 648
Wow and it was about to be crushed I bet. How in the heck do these cars end up in the wreckers when the entire free world knows a mopars value?

yes, i got there as it was 5th in line to go into that crussher, and loaded on a truck to china.lol

so, i just went out, and tried to spin it over, sure enough, it does, and it has plenty of compression.

where on the block is the pad to identify the engine? on the side, it said something of 69

well, i am undecided about the rear, engine, trans, driveshaft, k-frame at the moment.lol

but it still has some other good parts on it.

Im not sure what it is about you 340 plot but you sure do have a "nack" of coming across these deals. That big block would be awesome for my chally.

That's neato. That was somebody's pride and joy back in the day.

The manifolds look to be 72 or up HP B-body. Could be C-body too. Just check the casting numbers, I think there is a list online somewhere. They are not A-body.

If the K-frame has a thru bolt idler arm, it's a 68-69 piece. 67's are stud idlers. Also save the idler arm as original 383 cars got a special one that dips lower. Then check to see if it's different or been replaced with a regular one.

Check the date and if the block has vin numbers. The block with holes drilled for motor mounts could be mid 60's C-body block they had those holes too.

there is no package tray in it

i know the front is sbp, but never looked at the rear.

ok, even if they are not a-body manis's, they still fit, so i do not think it would be too hard to drop this setup in another a-body. i am now going to try and get it running. if i can get to the plugs to put wires back on.lol

i ran the number on the mainfolds. they are 73-74 b-body hp manifolds. date on them is 9 11 72

is small block starters the same as big block? how bout /6 starter?

On the block just infront of that coil spring that goes to the carb linkage and just infront of the bolted flange of the valley tray there might be a 2" by 2" machined flat pad. If its there it should be stamped with a letter and 440. If the flat pad isn't there look on the block just below the distributor hole for a flat machined surface and it should be stamped with a letter (year) and 383. If not it's a 400

Keep the pic's comin, like to see what motor it is and what it looks like inside.

i am first going to try and get it running before i pull it out, it turns over very nice, and plenty of commpression. but my dumb azz used air to blow out under the hood while i had the dist. cap off, and i lost the little nipple in the center of the cap. so , now i have to wait till morning for a new cap, as they do not have it in stock :(

-
Back