Wrecked Mopar cars by members

-

highwaystar

Reaction score
I thought this would be an interesting topic, to post mopars that you have wrecked or been in during the wreck. Let's try to keep it to the members cars, and give locations and time frame to where they were wrecked, maybe some of us have seen them in junkyards. We all probaly know some good friends that died in fast Mopars as well, maybe we can hold those car pix till a later date. This is my worst accident and gratefully only mopar I ever wrecked. I have an excuse I was only 17 and dumb. 1988 in eastern shore, M.D.

bad wreck.jpg

damaged.jpg

Everyone has heard me whine about this one. 68 Dodge Charger t-boned by a black lady that ran a stop sign!!!!!

I still have a resentment that will not just go away for some reason. Had the car for a long time until this happened.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

](*,)thats just not right at all i feel sick just looking at the pic
Everyone has heard me whine about this one. 68 Dodge Charger t-boned by a black lady that ran a stop sign!!!!!

I still have a resentment that will not just go away for some reason. Had the car for a long time until this happened.

Jesus Mulli, that brings tears to my eyes, that was a beautiful Charger.

You know now that I think about it I've never been in an accident where I was the driver, I have been in few close calls like 4 yrs. ago there was that stupid ***** that tried killing me with her POS Mustang. I found out the hard way what a newer Mustang's undercarriage looks like upside down as it flew past my rental car at 80 MPH going the other way. Missed me by "that much". I have totalled a few motorcycles in my younger days.

My Brother in law Matt was T-boned by a city transit bus while driving his girlfriend's Plymouth Horizon back from highschool one afternoon.
The wreck pushed the drivers side of the car all the way past the halfway mark of the other side.

It left him with a severe brain injury, limited motor skills, and other problems, but I don't have any pictures of the car.

No, it was not a muscle car, but he has always been a Mopar guy and he was really saddened when he had to sell his Volare a few years after the accident since he was told he would never be able to drive again.

I make sure I take him for a ride in the cuda every time he comes over to visit just to keep the Mopar blood flowing in his veins.

What happened with that Duster! Hard hit, even the roof buckled.

What happened with that Duster! Hard hit, even the roof buckled.
Those were two different trees that came across the roof as i was airborne on the side. hit the trees about 10' up, spun around and dropped to the ground. Two girls up front with me and 1 in the back seat. No seatbelts on any of us and just minor bumps and scratches. I was being looked out for on that day. pretty much pounded the motor thru the bottom of the k-frame.

Here's my story. Sorry no pics.

A long time ago, in another lifetime. I was 19, (now 53). I was driving my first car, a 72 340 Demon. Looked exactly like the one in my sig pic. I was going to pick up a friend and then heading for a beach party. I had my girlfriend du jour and 2 other friends with me. I was driving down a local road that was chip sealed that day. I was doing 30 mph in a 50 mph zone as the fat tires on the back had no traction at all on the fresh chip seal. I came over a blind knoll and low and behold there is a truck sideways on the road in front of me. I had to swerve to miss him because he had saddle tanks and I sure didn't like the looks of that. I did manage to miss him, but I lost control in the process. I put the car over a cliff. The cops said I flipped end for end twice and then 9 times sideways on my way down the slope. The back of the car was torn off at the base of the back window. The 2 guys in back got out with bumps and bruises. My girlfriend got thrown out and landed on the side of the road somehow. I was thrown out and in front of the car which then rolled over me and then picked me up and threw me into a tree. The car came to a rest with a huge boulder in sticking into the drivers window and over as far as the consul.
I broke every bone from my waist up except for my back, sternum and neck. Needless to say I was in rough shape. They tell me I died on the table and they were able to get me going again. I was in a coma for 8 days and in ICU for another 13 days. It took 6 months before I could get out of the house to even walk in the yard and another 2 years before I felt half normal again. I still don't and never will have 100% use of my left arm, but I fake it pretty good. When I went into the hospital I weighed 215 lbs, 21 days later I weighed 135 lbs. Did I ever look gangly. The only part of the car that was not destroyed was the hood scoop. The girlfriend was hurt pretty bad as well, but was out of hospital in a week and recovered fully.

This was not an experience that I would recommend to anybody.

Jack

Here's my story. Sorry no pics.

A long time ago, in another lifetime. I was 19, (now 53). I was driving my first car, a 72 340 Demon. Looked exactly like the one in my sig pic. I was going to pick up a friend and then heading for a beach party. I had my girlfriend du jour and 2 other friends with me. I was driving down a local road that was chip sealed that day. I was doing 30 mph in a 50 mph zone as the fat tires on the back had no traction at all on the fresh chip seal. I came over a blind knoll and low and behold there is a truck sideways on the road in front of me. I had to swerve to miss him because he had saddle tanks and I sure didn't like the looks of that. I did manage to miss him, but I lost control in the process. I put the car over a cliff. The cops said I flipped end for end twice and then 9 times sideways on my way down the slope. The back of the car was torn off at the base of the back window. The 2 guys in back got out with bumps and bruises. My girlfriend got thrown out and landed on the side of the road somehow. I was thrown out and in front of the car which then rolled over me and then picked me up and threw me into a tree. The car came to a rest with a huge boulder in sticking into the drivers window and over as far as the consul.
I broke every bone from my waist up except for my back, sternum and neck. Needless to say I was in rough shape. They tell me I died on the table and they were able to get me going again. I was in a coma for 8 days and in ICU for another 13 days. It took 6 months before I could get out of the house to even walk in the yard and another 2 years before I felt half normal again. I still don't and never will have 100% use of my left arm, but I fake it pretty good. When I went into the hospital I weighed 215 lbs, 21 days later I weighed 135 lbs. Did I ever look gangly. The only part of the car that was not destroyed was the hood scoop. The girlfriend was hurt pretty bad as well, but was out of hospital in a week and recovered fully.

This was not an experience that I would recommend to anybody.

Jack

Gosh Jack that was a bad wreck... glad you lived to tell about it bro!

I let the insurance have my car...... I just didn't want to look at it. It was about two years before I looked at the pictures you see now. :angry7:

These photos are from around 84-85

A duster I had when I was 17, I drove it a while then gave it to my sister and she crashed it into the neighbors car parked in front of his house.

duster1.jpg

duster2.jpg

duster3.jpg

One of my Chargers that I had when I was 18

charger2.jpg

charger1.jpg

This is the Blownfish back in 71 before I got it. The guy that I got it from was a family friend and he was coming around the corner the same time my mom was leaving and neither of them were watching where they were going.

11-71.jpg

Another one with no pics. Sorry, but no time machine to go back either.

Probably about '78 or '79. Our family car for many years was a '66 Sport Fury III. Only one I've ever seen in 4 dr. Traded in for a new Gran Torino in '76. The car went thru a few hands locally and ended up with a schoolmate. He T boned a 3 ton farm truck at high speed and did not live to tell about it. Car was hauled to the local body shop/ compound and it sat there for several weeks. It was messed up bad. It was really hard to look at that car sitting there. Somehow, all the family mileage coupled with the final outcome did not sit well. I was relieved when it was gone, but I always check out the '66 C body Plymouths on eBay.

Picture-1.jpg

My first, before the accident. It met with a firehydrant and lost. Ripped the rear frame rail out of it and swung the passengers side front fender in to a tree. Wound up with a bump on the had and a ticket for 300ft of rubber left by the rear tires. Stupid kids :angry7: I should have kept it but at the time the cost to repair it seemed way too much.

here are some of my bad days 68 dart and 69 valiant

Ben, that Valiant looks familar, now where have I seen it.......oh yea now I remember it's under my carport. The make over is at a standstill untill it warms up some.
Bob

1978, riding in a buddy's 68 GTX. It was a hemi car, but the PO took the motor out to go racing or blew it up, so it had a pretty stout 383 in it. We were racing a new TA through some twisties, and my buddy lost control. Spun about 10 times bouncing off of trees along the side of the road. We all walked away, but the car was totalled.

That car sat in his garage for years with a tarp over it. He still has the two Hemi badges from the front fenders somewhere.

I went to the scene of a train wreck back in the late sixties in Batavia, NY. I got there before the police chased people out for stealing parts off from the cars that were wrecked. It was a site I will never forget seeing the car carriers loaded with nothing but mopars. I mean there were super bees. roadrunners, chargers, darts all crashed with most of them still in the car carriers. This was back when the cars were visible as they went by on the tracks. I wished I had taken pictures!!! I was about 17 or so at the time. I wonder, is there anyone out there that remembers this crash?

I went to the scene of a train wreck back in the late sixties in Batavia, NY. I got there before the police chased people out for stealing parts off from the cars that were wrecked. It was a site I will never forget seeing the car carriers loaded with nothing but mopars. I mean there were super bees. roadrunners, chargers, darts all crashed with most of them still in the car carriers. This was back when the cars were visible as they went by on the tracks. I wished I had taken pictures!!! I was about 17 or so at the time. I wonder, is there anyone out there that remembers this crash?

There was a similar wreck with a load of Trans Am's & Z28 Camaros near where I lived in the late 1970's. Bunch of them totaled. I think one or two were donated to the local auto tech school. A friend of mine grabbed some wiring harness off of one of the cars before the wreck site was cleaned up. He had it in a box in his garage for years, then gave it to me when I rebuilt my bike. My Harley is completely wired with wire from a late 70's Trans AM. :toothy10:

-
Back