-
Status
Not open for further replies.

senk04SRT

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
So I recently picked up a 74 Plymouth Duster, and I have no decent tools. Just cheap stuff. I am 18 and need to start building a collection up so whatever you guys feel like giving up let me know! I only want the good stuff Snap-On,Bluepoint, Mac, Craftsman, etc.

Definitely shop Craig's List. Some of the complete hand tool sets at Sears are a good deal, but look carefully at the list of tools. Some of the sets have both 12 and 6 point sockets of the same size. You really don't need very many 12-point sockets.

its nice to still have christmas for a few more years cause i got a 263 piece set from my mom. and another 118 piece from my dad (and the duster) and they are quality tools. that was my whole christmas but im pretty well set up for a long time now. they also have the life time warranty so if they ever brake they can get replaced. but ive seen some really nice cheap sets on craigs list in the past.

So I recently picked up a 74 Plymouth Duster, and I have no decent tools. Just cheap stuff. I am 18 and need to start building a collection up so whatever you guys feel like giving up let me know! I only want the good stuff Snap-On,Bluepoint, Mac, Craftsman, etc.

Hmmmmmm, three posts and apparently begging for handout tools?? You must have read about what a generous group we are in Mopar Enthusiast. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the collection building. Welcome to FABO too, the best site on the 'net!

I used to laught at the guys at the dealership that laughed at me for having a small stackable craftsman box with mostly craftsman tools, but I did buy some snap on stuff here and there because of the convenience of the tool pushers, but I would much rather pay 300-600 bucks for a craftsman toolbox that would last me just as long as a 40,ooo dollar snap on box.

Craftsman wrenches are fine, but you may graduate to some flex head ratcheting gear wrenches for ease of use.
remember craftsman will replace any broken hand tool or socket for free but the initial price of a craftsman socket may be a couple bucks compared to snap on's 30-40 bucks per socket.

I bought a nice set of cheap sunnex deep impact sockets metric and standard for around $80.oo, and I have never broken one of them in the last 15 years.
No need to go tool crazy right off the bat.
You can get a craftsman basic set from their catalog relatively inexpensive, but they have many different package deal options, but you will be collecting more and more tools as the years go by.
The biggest thing is not losing them.

One big purchase is an good air compressor.

The bigger the better.

I bought an electric stand up compressor from sears for the garage and it's a 35 gallon compressor that maxes out at 135 PSI, but it fizzles out way too quick and I can't run my power tools very well with it as they bog down real fast and the compressor is constantly running.
I need a good dual piston, belt driven compressor to run my power tools to their full potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back