WTF is going on here?!?!?!?!

-

OCswinger

Reaction score
Guys, as i was changing my oil today i was about to close the hood when I noticed what looked like a fuel line just hanging around the engine bay. I thought to myself "this cant be, it cant be a fuel line because my car runs and it has gas". Then it donned on me that my car has been "bogging down" when i smash the gas sooooooo this might actually be a fuel line. Long story short it is. I have one line going from the gas tank to the fuel pump to the carb. Guys, how is this possible??? Any ideas on where this line hooks up to? As far as i can tell without dropping the gas tank its still connected to the gas tank but its dry and just hanging around. Im gonna try and enclose some pics but any help would be greatly appreciated...

Jon

Attachments

• fuel line 1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 342
  • fuel line riding up fender.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 334
  • fuel line runnig under car.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 332
  • fuel line coming from pump.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 337
  • side view of setup.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 345
you can see it in this picture.

dartparts044.jpg

If it's what I think it is, the other end goes to the vent tube thing in the trunk. Part of the EEC system. Look on driver's side of your car by the gas tank... are there 4 tubes coming out of the tank, then this one that goes from your engine compartment?

If it's what I think it is, the other end goes to the vent tube thing in the trunk. Part of the EEC system. Look on driver's side of your car by the gas tank... are there 4 tubes coming out of the tank, then this one that goes from your engine compartment?

thats exactly what it is..

Vent line going into the charcoal cannister that has been removed? Looks like someone cut the old hard line and spliced in a soft line at one point.

Not another plastic fuel filter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![-X

If you have a '72 like me, it is probably what I am dealing with too. Whoever did your car, did mine too. You are missing the bowl vent nipple. Both that hose and the bowl vent nipple go to a carbon canister which has three nipples on it which is mounted on the inner fender. And btw, your vacuum advance is routed incorrectly. that nipple on the passenger side is supposed to run to the advance pod. Im in the same boat as you buddy.

And yes, I realize I said nipple quite a few times...:toothy10:

thanks for all the responses!!! I was completely lost on this one and you gents came through! Now heres another one, I just picked up a Holley 8050B off craigslist, is anyone familiar with this carb? im obviously switching to a 4 barrel intake after xmas, just wanted to see if i spent my 50 bucks right.

yup sure is a plastic 2.75 fuel filter. I cant have a new metal fuel filter being the best looking part under the hood could? gotta do what you gotta do when youre broke

Spend the extra dollar fifty next time and get the metal one even if your broke, those ones like to melt and catch things on fire.

Spend the extra dollar fifty next time and get the metal one even if your broke, those ones like to melt and catch things on fire.
They can melt?Really?:shock:I have one on my Duster right now .I was having a problem with crap in my fuel and wanted it so I can monitor it.I guess Ill have to change it now

If you have a '72 like me, it is probably what I am dealing with too. Whoever did your car, did mine too. You are missing the bowl vent nipple. Both that hose and the bowl vent nipple go to a carbon canister which has three nipples on it which is mounted on the inner fender. And btw, your vacuum advance is routed incorrectly. that nipple on the passenger side is supposed to run to the advance pod. Im in the same boat as you buddy.

And yes, I realize I said nipple quite a few times...:toothy10:
X2.....and you can't say nipple too many times!

-
Back