WTH AMAZON PRIME?!?

-

kittypancake

Reaction score
Got a part number i needed from someone on this forum...checked Amazon...states in stock..."order in next 7 minutes to receive by 6/22"...ordered yesterday in my 7 minute window...selected my "PRIME" shipping...checked status today...NOT shipped...expected to arrive 7/12-7/26...grrrr

Typical. Their "2 day shipping" is usually 3-4, or more.

I usually get things the next day. Even the items that claim to take 3 weeks show up in 2-3 days. I have had a few items take longer than stated, but no other very often.

I usually get things the next day. Even the items that claim to take 3 weeks show up in 2-3 days. I have had a few items take longer than stated, but no other very often.

Same here. Pretty much always on time or early with the 2 day free shipping. Because I'm only a couple hours away from a distribution facility I actually can get a lot of stuff the same day, which is crazy. Order in the morning, have it by the afternoon.

Same here. Pretty much always on time or early with the 2 day free shipping. Because I'm only a couple hours away from a distribution facility I actually can get a lot of stuff the same day, which is crazy. Order in the morning, have it by the afternoon.
I'm only a couple hours away from the distribution center, but I've never been that lucky, same day service!

I bought something on Amazon too in the past with same "get by Thursday" (brake pads for a saturday install) only to find out the seller was out of stock and it took way longer to get. I know the Amazon search engine does not check stock on suppliers inventory, its up to supplier to keep that info up to date. Other than that the AP service has been pretty good for us.

I've had my Prime orders delayed occasionally...but for the most part, they exceed my expectations and deliver ahead of schedule far more often than I ever experience a delay. For example, my last order was scheduled for delivery tomorrow but actually arrived this past Sunday, 3 days ahead of schedule.

Yeah I've gotten a few orders the same day, I think 3-4 hours is the best they've done. But that was just random stuff, you can bet that if there was something I could use same-day shipping on it wasn't available on that particular thing.

Have had very good dealings with Amazon prime.
Last year after harvesting the citrus (3 trees) and getting well into the juicing the juicer fried.
Checked the local stores and all they had was the light duty junk.
About 5pm on Saturday ordered a HD Waring unit off Amazon and had it the next day.
Late morning.
On Easter Sunday.
Yup.
Returns are pretty easy too.:thumbsup:

I bought something... only to find out the seller was out of stock and it took way longer to get. I know the Amazon search engine does not check stock on suppliers inventory, its up to supplier to keep that info up to date.

I always select the order that is fulfilled by Amazon, it comes right away.

Got a part number i needed from someone on this forum...checked Amazon...states in stock..."order in next 7 minutes to receive by 6/22"...ordered yesterday in my 7 minute window...selected my "PRIME" shipping...checked status today...NOT shipped...expected to arrive 7/12-7/26...grrrr

Here's what I think. I can't say for sure the situations are the same.
I don't use "Prime", and I see the "in stock" explanation on your part.

I suspect that Amazon is selling things they don't have "in stock".
I ordered a master cylinder from them.
Brand new Raybestos for 44 dollars and free shipping.
(I checked a few days ago and it almost 70 now on Amazon)
It took a while to get it. And I think it did give me a distant date.
It was like they had to order one to sell it.
I also suspect you got a very good price on your item.
I'm sure you are aware that Amazon has woken a sleeping giant, as Clark Howard said in regard to Walmart.
I also heard something about brick and mortar grocery story stocks being down last week.
Don't really follow that.

I have never used "two day" or expedited shipping. I guess I am just not that anxious, and I am cheap. I would rather keep my $$ and wait. I have noticed that with the standard shipping, they will have a large estimate of days that the package will arrive, usually 7-10 and the package usually arrives within 3-5. It is always earlier than what Amazon says.

I have never used "two day" or expedited shipping. I guess I am just not that anxious, and I am cheap. I would rather keep my $$ and wait. I have noticed that with the standard shipping, they will have a large estimate of days that the package will arrive, usually 7-10 and the package usually arrives within 3-5. It is always earlier than what Amazon says.

Classic salesmanship; under promise and over deliver! And that's not a bad thing since the end result is it exceeded your expectations.

I'm sure you are aware that Amazon has woken a sleeping giant, as Clark Howard said in regard to Walmart.
I also heard something about brick and mortar grocery story stocks being down last week.

if you see a prime logo next to the item then it is in stock at one of its 100+ fulfillment centers. if there isnt a prime logo next to the item you order then it is at a 3rd party sellers site. To OP, i would contact customer service and tell them what happened, typically the do what they need to to make the customer happy within reason.

I sell products on many different platforms, including Amazon, and I have to say that Amazon is the worst of them all. I have been screwed over so many times by Amazon it hurts my brain to even think about it. Even when it is blatantly obvious that the buyer is in the wrong, the seller is screwed every time. Today's instant society is ridiculous.

My wife had this happen last week with a "no rush" item. The item was suppose to be here by Friday and it wasn't so she contacted amazon and they gave her $10 credit. Also, if a prime item isn't delivered in the 2 days they guarantee, amazon will give you one month of free Prime membership. They're a stand up company as far as customer service goes

Amazon bought Whole Foods last week so Whole Foods stock shot up and Walmart, Kroger etc. went down. If you have some time, look up how the amazon distribution centers work, it's pretty impressive

Amazon bought Whole Foods last week so Whole Foods stock shot up and Walmart, Kroger etc. went down. If you have some time, look up how the amazon distribution centers work, it's pretty impressive

Kroger advertises pretty heavy in the mornings on our biggest news/weather radio station.
I shop at Kroger too.
And I noticed a Kroger ad last week that said something about shopping online.
Something about not being able to see the produce, etc as I recall.
Is it just me, or would most people not want to actually go to the grocery store?
I can understand people who are invalids or some special situations.
But as long as I've got two good legs, online groceries aren't for me.

Price was average. I wanted to save time. I went to Napa...paid same price...picked it up one day later than Amazon 2 day shipping

Don't order from them a lot (maybe 3-4 x/yr), but I've noticed lately that if you get the "free" standard shipping your order seems to get shipped when they get around to it. Ordered a couple things about a week ago, and when I log in it shows that the order has still not shipped. WTF?? Seems to have coincided with lowering the qualifying order amount to $25.
I get that not everything is stocked in every warehouse, but it would be nice if they showed what items were in the same warehouse like Rockauto does so you can plan your order accordingly.
Living out in the boonies I don't expect next day delivery, but taking a week to ship something???:soapbox:

And I noticed a Kroger ad last week that said something about shopping online.
Something about not being able to see the produce, etc as I recall.
Is it just me, or would most people not want to actually go to the grocery store?
I can understand people who are invalids or some special situations.
But as long as I've got two good legs, online groceries aren't for me.

We'll see how Amazon does with it. On-line grocery shopping has been tried and flopped several times over the past 15 or so years. As you noted, most people want to see the merchandise...especially perishable stuff like meat or produce. Maybe if you lived in a large city like NYC where many people don't drive...
Then again, if it takes them a week to ship your order like it does with other stuff...ewww!
:eek:

Last edited:
Don't order from them a lot (maybe 3-4 x/yr), but I've noticed lately that if you get the "free" standard shipping your order seems to get shipped when they get around to it. Ordered a couple things about a week ago, and when I log in it shows that the order has still not shipped. WTF?? Seems to have coincided with lowering the qualifying order amount to $25.
I get that not everything is stocked in every warehouse, but it would be nice if they showed what items were in the same warehouse like Rockauto does so you can plan your order accordingly.
Living out in the boonies I don't expect next day delivery, but taking a week to ship something???:soapbox:

We'll see how Amazon does with it. On-line grocery shopping has been tried and flopped several times over the past 15 or so years. As you noted, most people want to see the merchandise...especially perishable stuff like meat or produce. Maybe if you lived in a large city like NYC where many people don't drive...
Then again, if it takes them a week to ship your order like it does with other stuff...ewww!
:eek:
I would order soap and paper goods....thingswith expectation dates, not so much

-
Back